Chapter 37

At that one tense moment, everyone was deathly silent. Aurelia's sword was still pointed at the Nature girl while glaring daggers at her captive victim.

The Nature growled lowly before going limp, chest heaving up and down. Aurelia merely pushed the sword tip further down a little, until a small drop of blood squeezed out of a tiny cut and trickled down the Nature's neck.

"Don't pull tricks on me; they won't ever work," Aurelia warned threateningly. "It'll just shorten your life."

I've never felt more afraid of anyone in my whole life right then.

The Nature girl's eyes went wide with fury. She looked at Aurelia with a look: angry, cruel and calculating all at the same time.

She then lunged up and after much struggling despite Aurelia's efforts to continue pinning her down, she managed to get an arm free and scratched Aurelia's temple.

Aurelia bared her teeth a little and used more force against her. The Nature girl swiftly pulled out a penknife and pushed it upwards, making a long scratch on her jaw, extending to her cheek.

"That tears it," Aurelia flicked the penknife aside quickly, it landing on the soil with a metallic 'clang'. She moved the sword down to the Nature's heart. Another dagger found its way into her palm and rested on her forehead, right where her brain was.

The Nature growled and said, "It's all your fault."

Aurelia froze and stared at her, unmoving. "A weeping willow, now I see the irony. Did you see it, huh? Did Willow weep?" She laughed gruffly at her dark joke.

"You," Aurelia gritted her teeth and tightened her hold on both blades. "You'll pay for this."

"Go ahead, there's not much a coward like you can do anyways." The Nature's lips spread into a sadistic smile, seeming totally at ease with her imminent death. "But we both know the truth, don't we?"

Aurelia lifted up the sword, eyes smouldering with a bright purple fire and still locked in an intense mental battle with her. "Say hi to Hades for me."

"Wait!" A voice rang through the clearing.

Aurelia turned her head slightly in reluctance to meet Lily's wide hazel eyes. "Don't do it," Lily whispered softly and reassuringly. "She's just possessed. It's not really her."

Aurelia snorted loudly and turned back. "Good luck changing my mind."

"I'm serious, she's innocent. Heck, she won't even remember anything after we stop this madness. Let her go, don't become a monster too."

"Aurelia," Flynn stepped up. "Just let her go. She isn't herself and you know that as much as the rest of us do."

"Ha!" The Nature scoffed. "You'll never achieve your dreams, Greene. What would your parents think?"

Flynn didn't seem fazed at all, he just looked at the girl and said sharply, "Chloe, unless you have a death wish, you'd best shut up."

The Nature girl - Chloe - whipped back her head while jeering at Flynn, her dyed fuchsia hair fanning out on the ground. "And to think we've been in the same class for seven months." Shaking her head in disapproval, she unexpectedly, yet somehow predictably, jerked up and the force was enough to throw Aurelia off her.

Aurelia rolled on the soil with a loud 'thump'. However, it didn't take long for her to quickly gather herself and retaliate. A sharp metallic clang was heard as the sword and dagger landed away from her, but she seemed perfectly fine without her weapons.

Kicking foward, Aurelia managed to bring Chloe down in one swift move and then quickly wrapped her hand around her throat. Chloe sputtered a little because of Aurelia's strong hold.

Aurelia clamped her hand down tighter, her palm now glowing a steadily growing orange. "Let's see how you like me now."

Flames sprouted from her hand, licking hungrily at the skin on Chloe's neck.

"Holy-" My eyes widened.

"Is she crazy?! She'll die for sure!" Maddie exclaimed. She appeared quickly at my side, grabbing my forearm.

"Oh my God, Aurelia!" Noah shouted in shock and panic.

The fire produced now had engulfed Chloe's whole neck, the bright yellow tips dancing across her jaw, making their way towards her head.

Chloe screamed loudly. I winced upon hearing her deafening cry of pain.

"Aurelia stop it!" Rachel yelled.

"Damn it, just stop!" Daniel raised his voice over the crackling sound of the fire.

Aurelia ignored us and continued on. The flames had now covered three-quarters of Chloe's body. Soon, they ate away at the soles of her red sneakers, completely blanketing her wholly.

Aurelia stood up slowly, eyes never leaving the burning pyre. Finally, she snapped her fingers firmly. The fire, to my surprise, quickly extinguished and all that was left was an unconscious Nature whose tattered clothes were charred black and smelled heavily of smoke.

She then turned to us. "You're lucky I stopped and actually listened to you guys. If not, I'd have my own way and killed her off."

I flinched a little at the way she just casually and coolly threw out the word 'kill'. Then again, this was Aurelia we were talking about. She could be merciless and heartless and just end a life with a simple snap of her fingers or a clap if she wanted to.

"Anyways, now we have to leave. But first," Aurelia nodded at the surrounding possessed Elementals, who were shock still, still not fully processing the scene that had unfolded before them. "We still have just a few tiny obstacles to overcome."

Finally noticing Aurelia standing there, they seemed to come back to reality and looks of panic and fear crossed their faces and they turned in the opposite direction to try to flee.

But it was too late.

Aurelia raised her hand and brilliant oranges, reds and yellows took over my whole world, mixing my vision and filling my head with a beautifully deathly fiery portrait.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all, so sorry that I updated a week late :( Stupid projects and homework took over my whole mind ugh. *Mumbles* Curse school.

But now, I have a month long break so I should be able to update regularly now. So I'll be going back to the old schedule: Updates every Sunday or later (I'll try to be punctual kays?)

However, I hope you guys can understand if I do not update every Sunday as I still have a ton of homework and 3 projects to work on TT_TT

Ok, so enough of me blabbing on in this hella long Author's Note :P Enjoy this late update guys and once again, sorry and I hope you understand! :)