Chapter 23

^^^Douglas Booth as Daniel Bailey (I just realised that they have the same initials XD)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The tension in the air was palpable, but Logan managed to diffuse it with lame jokes like, "Your mama so fat, when she walked past the TV, I missed 5 episodes." Dumb, but amusing nonetheless.

"It's 6." Daniel checked his watch. "Change the channel."

Aurelia silently lifted up the remote and turned the channel. The opening credits and short music played as the news started.

"Good evening everyone, I'm your reporter, David Johnson and you're watching Channel 4." The same male reporter appeared on the screen.

"Wow, I'm bored already." Rachel yawned dramatically.

That made me crack a smile. For the next twenty minutes, we watched some reports about random things. I swear, even Math was less boring. And that alone coming from me is a big deal.

"Now, on to our next topic. Do supernaturals actually exist?"

I sat up straighter. Everyone else suddenly started focusing on the TV and David Johnson's face.

"This morning, we received an anonymous tip-off that supernaturals indeed do exist. The tip-off only had 1 mysterious sentence: You do not know what is out there. It also included a video clip of what appears to be proof of supernaturals."

They played the clip then. To our surprise, the clip was in reality, footage from Mystique Academy. It showed training of different students, from combat training to power development.

I watched as two vampires fought with blinding speed, witches pouring potions into boiling cauldrons, fairies casting spells. There was literally evidence of every supernatural species in the school.

Well , every species but the Elementals.

"Wait, what's that?" Noah leaned foward intently to see the screen more clearly.

I squinted and peered at it closer. My eyes grew. Oh shit. I really shouldn't have jinxed it.

On the screen, it showed Aurelia doing knife throwing before setting the knives ablaze. Then it switched to Logan summoning lightning from the sky, striking the ground in front of him. Flynn causing a massive earthquake and shooting up boulders.

The last and final part of the video played. I tensed immediately and felt my face go pale. I was standing there in the training area, with snowflakes swirling around my body. What the actual hell?

"This footage could have been edited or doctored. It is unclear whether the evidence is genuine or fake. But what if it is real? What is supernaturals exist?" David Johnson inquired, looking at the camera.

The man's piercing grey eyes seemed to stare directly at me. A shiver travelled down my spine. It almost seemed as if he knew that we existed. I could hear his voice in my head. Don't try to hide it; I know you're out there somewhere.

"Now, onto our next topic. Thousands are expected at a Moscow rally to-" Aurelia lifted up her hand and the TV screen went black.

We all just sat there silently. I was the first one to voice my thoughts, which were surely running through everyone's mind.

"We are so screwed."