Chapter 47

3rd person POV:

"Did we book the flights yet?" Daniel asked, walking over to where the others were seated in the passenger lounge.

"Yep, almost." Lily nodded. "Looks like it's only Logan left now." She jabbed her thumb towards said person, who had just taken a slip of paper from the attendent behind the counter.

"But we all have to wait a couple of hours right?" Flynn inquired, stuffing his once empty wallet with his leftover money.

"Mm hm," Aurelia hummed lazily. "God, I'm so bored." She groaned.

Rachel yawned. "Same. I think I'm gonna take a nap."

"Wow, the world's in peril and here you are, sleeping away." Logan had joined us by now, rolling his eyes at the dark haired girl.

"Hey, we all gotta make time for our favourite hobbies once in a while." She grinned tiredly and cheekily, before shutting her eyes and curling up in her seat.

"Aw," Maddie laughed. "She looks like a little teddy bear."

"That would be disturbing if it wasn't true." Noah agreed, his head tilted slightly to the side. His lips curled up in a small, soft smile as he observed the now fast asleep Rachel.

"Well, I feel like a third wheel now, so I'm just going to go to the washroom." Aurelia fake-vomited and stood up.

As she walked off in the direction of the washrooms, Maddie turned to the others and lowered her voice a little. "I think she's warming up to us."

"Yeah, I think so too." Lily nodded. "It's a good thing, for sure. We're definitely going to need her help if we are to stop this."

"True, but honestly, she kinda scares me a little." Flynn frowned slightly. "The way she handled Chloe during the fight...I don't know what to make of her yet."

"I trust her." Daniel said firmly. "True, she seems like she's hiding some kind of secret from us, but she's still helping us."

Logan nodded. "Yeah, I mean, as long as she's on our side, right?"

"I think," Noah concluded, eyes still on Aurelia's disappearing figure. "That even the most mysterious of people can have a good side to them."

--------------------------------------------------

Aurelia, with her sharp ears, could pick up small bits and pieces of the conversation the others were having.

Her lips twitched, almost tugging up into a small smile.

She found the bathroom a small distance away and quickened her steps a little. Don't want to disappoint my friends.

At that thought, she almost halted, but managed to quickly regain her composure.

Friends? Since when had she started thinking of them as friends? It was...strange for her to finally think of people as friends and not foes, especially ever since her sister died.

But now, to her, even though the concept was foreign, it wasn't totally unwelcome.

Friends. She toyed around with the word in her mind as she finally approached the bathroom. Still lost in thought, she placed her hand on the door. Before she could push it open, it swung away from her and out stepped a girl.

Aurelia muttered a fast apology and wanted to step around the girl. But when she did, her eyes travelled up towards the girl's face, before she quickly tore them down to the floor again.

She had caught sight of her face. It was only for a split second, but it was enough.

"Excuse me." She mumbled and rushed into the bathroom, making her way around the girl.