Chapter 5

"Here you go Mum, I'm leaving now," I passed Mum my plate.

"Okay, have a good day at school, hon!" Mum called as I exited the house.

As I reached the gate, I heard a voice behind me,"Wait!"

I turned around to see Mum behind,"You forgot this."

I slapped my forehead,"Oh my gosh, yes! I knew I forgot something! Thanks Mum."

I grabbed the tube from her hand and started applying concealer on my hand.

Ever since I started elementary school, I'd been using concealer to cover up the mark on my hand. I didn't want the kids at my school to find out about it. One round of relentless teasing was enough, thank you.

I passed the tube back to Mum,"Thanks again, you're my saviour. As a thank-you gift, I'll wash the dishes tonight."

Mum shot me a quizzical look,"You were supposed to do that anyway."

I was already on my way down the street,"Love you too!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Allison?"

I looked up from the essay I was writing. It was currently English, the last period of the day. Today had been surprisingly normal, other than a few dirty looks. Guess the cheerleader didn't finish plotting her revenge. I should probably look out tomorrow....

"Yes?"

"Can you take these documents to Principal Nicholson's office please? She needs these urgently." Mrs Thompson handed me a stack of papers, neatly piled up.

"Sure," I held the papers carefully and exited the classroom. On my way to the office, I went to the bathroom. Washing my hands and drying them with a paper towel, I grabbed the papers that I had placed carefully on a dry counter and continued to make my way to the office.

When I reached, I knocked on the door. "Come in," I heard Principal Nicholson's voice.

Entering the room, I set the papers on the table, "Mrs Thompson requested that I bring these to you."

"Ah yes, thank you. Allison Lovett, am I right?" Principal Nicholson looked up at me and offered me a smile,"Well done in your tests. All full marks. I don't think I've ever seen a student with such potential."

"Thank you," I blushed,"I just try my best, that's all." I set both hands on the stack of papers and gave a small, shy smile.

Principal Nicholson's gaze drifted to the papers and froze when she saw my hand,"What is that on your hand?"

I looked down and froze. Oh, this is not good. "Um...I...uh...well..."

Just then, the bell rung. Thank you! I mentally screamed. "Well, Principal Nicholson, I have to go now, my mother is expecting me," I got out in a hurry."Goodbye!"

I rushed out of the office, the door swinging behind me. I turned around and caught a glimpse of Principal Nicholson's face. It was still, shock clearly written all over.

Apparently, when I'd washed my hands, I had washed away the concealer and the mark was there, clearly visible to anyone.

Oh shit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Next chapter will be up soon! :)