Chapter 7

"I know this is hard to believe, but just take some time to let it sink in and-" Principal Nicholson tried to reason with me.

"I believe you." I cut her off, suddenly developing an intense fascination with my shoes.

"What?"

"I believe you," I looked up. "Even though it sounds crazy and impossible...but I believe you."

Principal Nicholson sighed in relief,"Great. Now, you're 16, am I right?"

"Yes," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Your powers only develop when you reach the age of 17, at noon on that very day. When's your birthday?"

"...Today."

Her eyes widened,"Does your mother know about this?"

"Yes, but she refused to tell me anything until 'it was time'."

She stood up abruptly,"I'll give you a pass to miss school. You can't be anywhere near humans for safety reasons. I'll call Mrs Owens and inform her of this relevation."

I nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Sara, I didn't know you were an Elemental," A very shocked Mum sat next to me.

"Wait, you know each other?" I interrrupted.

"We were classmates in university," Principal Nicholson explained.

"So I assume you already told Allison everything?" Mum inquired.

"Yes, of course. I was thinking of transferring her to Mystique Academy. What do you think?"

"Mystique Academy?" I butted in once more.

"It's a school where the young supernaturals attend. They hone their powers and learn essential skills there." Principal Nicholson said.

"I'm all up for it," Mum agreed, "Allison?"

I considered it for a moment,"Sounds good to me." I flashed the thumbs-up sign.

Just then, something occurred to me,"Principal Nicholson, you said there were 7 Elements. What are they, exactly?"

"Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Ice, Electricity and Light. You have an Emblem of a snowflake, which means Ice. Mine is of a lightning bolt, representing Electricity."

"So there'll be others there, with similar powers?" I pondered.

"Yes. It's a mix of all supernaturals. Including Elementals. I'll add you to the student list tomorrow, on your first day."

"Add me? How?"

"I'm sure you know that I'll be resigning as Principal of this school? But I will be continuing as Principal. At Mystique Academy."

Mum looked down at her watch,"Oh! It's 11.58 already. Get ready Allison. If you feel anything in your hands and your mind, just let go and release it. Trust your instincts."

11.59.

I sucked in a deep breath. This is it...

4 more seconds...

3...

2...

1...

There was this feeling inside of me, like a wild animal in a cage, requesting for freedom. My hands tingled, then shook, before jerking up and releasing a beam of pale blue light.

Principal Nicholson's eyes followed the light trial, to where it blasted a book on her desk. The book immediately started freezing up, icy tendrils creeping up the cover like ivy on a rock wall.

I slumped down on the chair, breathing heavy and energy completely sapped.

Principal Nicholson and Mum turned to me with wide smiles on their faces.

"Your powers....they've come."