Chapter 20

^^^Kendall Jenner as Aurelia Lane (Just imagine her with black hair and violet eyes)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ally? You coming?" Lily asked me.

"Nah, you go ahead. I just wanna practise this a little more." I replied.

"Okay then, good luck." She walked off, her red hair bouncing behind her.

I got into position, my right arm raised with the knife tightly gripped in my hand. I counted softly under my breath. "One, two, three!" Thud! The knife landed perfectly in the centre.

"Yes!" I threw my arms up and did a little victory dance. Sighing in content, I focused on the air around me, lowering the temperature to cool down. Man, it was awesome to have a portable air-conditioner.

Suddenly, a thought struck me. Why not? I reasoned to myself. It won't hurt anyway. It's just practise. I closed my eyes in concentration and when I opened them, snowflakes were dancing in the air around me. Beaming widely, my eyes trailed them, going round in endless loops.

Crash! I abruptly stopped and all the snowflakes, along with the cold air, disappeared. "What was that?" I walked out slowly, knife still in hand. Reaching the door, I peeked out to find Roxana quickly stuffing something forcibly into her bag.

"Roxana?" She looked up like a deer caught in the headlights. "What are you doing here?" I asked warily.

"Nothing! Nothing at all! I was just passing by and I dropped something." She said. If she was lying, she was doing a pretty darn good job. "Okay..." I trailed off.

"Well, I'll be going now. Bye!" She shot me a sugary sweet smile before speeding off.

I looked at her retreating figure. "Well that was weird." I frowned. "I think she's telling the truth. I hope she is."

Later, I found out how wrong I was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Roxana:

I hurridly walked over. Thank God that Ally girl didn't suspect a thing. If she did, my whole plan would have been ruined.

I stopped, seeing a certain someone tapping her foot impatiently on the floor. She nodded to me irritatedly as I approached. "Ms Hudson." I scowled at her before giving her a fake smile. "Cora."

"Where is it? This plan of yours had better work." She snapped at me. "It will. You'd better make it happen. Your job is on the line, you know." I examined my perfectly manicured nails, at the same time flashing my Light Emblem to her. A subtle warning for her to back off; if she got me angry, there would be hell to pay.

Cora paled a little, before standing ramrod straight and hissing at me. "You wouldn't."

"Oh, yes I would. I spoke to my father. He and I both agree that you have been slacking off on the job, Cora. I think he could use a change of assistance." I smiled lazily at her.

"You stuck-up son of a b*tch. I hate you so much." She snarled at me. "Trust me, the feeling's mutual." I glared back at her. "Just finish the goddamn job and you won't get sacked. Failure, and you not only lose your job, Cora. Get my drift here?" I dug out the camera from my bag and held it at arm's length.

Cora's eyes widened with fear, before they filled with anger again. "Yes, Ms Hudson." She bowed mockingly before taking the camera and leaving, her hands clenched tightly into fists by her side.

Watching her leave with my lips pursed, I sighed mentally. "Humans. So remarkably stupid. I swear, sometimes you have to get the job done yourself."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
ERMAGEHD I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW. I. HIT. ONE. THOUSAND. READS. EEK! Okay *Breathes in & out* I'm good. Love all ya peeps out there who have read or voted for this story. Thanks so much to every single one of you. C'mon! *Blows air kisses* SPREAD DA LOVE!