Chapter 24

《Sarafina's POV》

Pain.

That was the only thing I felt. My eyes felt heavy. I tried my best to open them.

 "Wake up bambina, We are falling apart" I heard a whisper.

What? I felt something at the top of my head and I wanted so bad to open my eyes but I just couldn't.

The pain was unbearable.

. .

Then I did it. I opened my eyes slowly, my eyes moved around the dark room, the city lights peeking from the window blinds.

But the room was empty and it was silent. The only thing that was hard was my breathing and the monitor. What am I doing in the hospital? Oh right I was shot.

I closed my eyes as pain surged through me. I grunted in pain suddenly the door to the hospital room opened I turned to see who it is and a man in his late forties walked in and when his eyes landed on me it widened.

"Your awake" He says

 I scrunched my eyebrows "No, I'm sleeping with my eyes open" I said sarcastically my voice coming out croaked.

He rushed out of the room without another word. Weird.

Hospitals.

I remembered the events that took place and I just want to disappear and never to be seen again. They know. I didn't want that.

They are going to hate me. Another grunt left my mouth as I tried to move and then the door to the room opened again. 

A person with white coat walked in. His obviously the doctor. He smiled at me "Hello Sarafina" He greeted I nodded my head "How are you feeling?" He asked while walking towards the side of my bed he clicked something and the lights to the room switched on.

I shielded my eyes with my hand.

Damn these lights.

"I'm okay" My voice still croaked he nodded his head and wrote something at the notepad.

A nurse came in with a glass of water. She smiled at me and handed me the glass I gladly took it.

 I thanked her as she took the glass out of my hand then I turned back to the doctor to see him looking at me 

"My name is Dr. William Carter" He introduced.

Dr. William looked in his late thirties he stood their with his warm grey eyes and kind smile. Suddenly I heard commotion from outside and then a nurse came in and whispered something to the doctor.

He nodded his head and walked out the nurse trailing behind him. What the hell? I turned my head to look at the door and squinted my eyes at the person standing there my lips soon turned to a full-blown grin.

"Oh my god thank god you're awake do you have any idea how worried we were?" Brianna says she walked up to me and hugged me lightly making sure she doesn't hurt me.

"I'm fine" I tried to reassure her.

"Sure you are" She smiled then Joshua came up to me "I was worried as hell" He muttered in my ear giving me a hug I smiled at him as he pulled back "Never do that again" he playfully glared at me.

The door to the room opened again quietly this time Leo walked in. He stared at me before making his way to me he gave me a hug,

 "I thought I lost you" He whispered I closed my eyes "You're not getting rid of me so soon" He chuckled softly.

Dr. William came in as he slightly glared at the three who looked at him sheepishly.  I don't even want to know what happened. 

"Your brothers are here" Dr. William says,

 I gulped softly and nodded.

I saw my brothers come in quietly as they looked at me Vito came up to me first and hugged me I expected him to pull back but he didn't I felt something wet on my shoulder, he was crying. 

"I love you so much" He breathed out pulling away.

I turned my head away from him and slightly nodded. It was quiet for a moment but then Leonard came up to me and kissed me on the forehead before hugging me lightly. 

"I love you no matter what Sorellina" A warm feeling spread through my heart with his words.

Next was Lorenzo who hugged me 

"You still owe me the Oreo packets you stole from me" He says in my ear I rolled my eyes as he smiled at me.

"How are you feeling amore?" Gavino asked hugging me 

"I'm feeling perfectly fine" I reply giving him a small smile.

I turned my eyes to Antonio who was looking at me I quickly turned my eyes to the side. Ashamed.

In the corner of my eyes I saw him make his way to me

 "Look at me Bambina" He says softly he placed his fingers under my chin to make me look at him I didn't want to feared to what I'll see.

And when I did look at him he had a small smile on his face I was confused I expected him to look at me with anger or something worse.

"I'm glad you're awake" He says then my mind drifted to the time I was sure I heard a whisper I looked at each of my brothers and that's when I noticed the cut on Leonard's cheek.

How the hell did he get that?

I wanted to ask him but I heard someone clear their throat I turned to see Brianna who was staring at my brothers.

"Oh right," I say remembering that Antonio and Gavino haven't yet met them. 

 "Um  meet my friends Brianna, Joshua and Leo" I introduced them he narrowed his eyes at them before nodding 

"And you have already met Leonard, Vito and Lorenzo so this is Gavino and Antonio" I say.

Gavino gave them a smile and they returned it. 

"We've heard a lot about you guys" Brianna says grinning they narrowed their eyes at her

 "You've better heard something good" Lorenzo says Brianna shrugged.

Dr. William walked in with a nurse right behind. He gave a nod to my brother which they returned the nurse walked up to me and smiled before checking something with the monitor "She'll be discharged in a few days and I suggest she stays in bed rest for some weeks" Dr. William says

Bed rest? I am perfectly fine I don't need bed rest.

"And I'll give you some medicines that she will need to take in daily basis" He informed in which my brothers nodded.

My eyes started growing heavy I could barely keep them open I felt someone stroke my hair softly 

"Buonanotte amore (Goodnight love)" I heard a soft voice say and then darkness took over.

The last thing I felt was a soft kiss on my forehead.

___________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Hoped you liked this chapter. It's a short chapter I know.

Sneak peak to the next chapter:-

Sarafina has been discharged from the hospital and soon goes back to school and their her eyes once again meet his.  Vote and comment on how you liked this chapter!?

Hope your having a nice day!:)

*EDITED*