Chapter 28

《Sarafina's POV》

I grit my teeth together as the car drifted to the side once again. The police sirens blaring.

 "Damnit, I told you this was a bad idea but when do you ever listen to me?" Diego exclaimed making another sharp turn to the left.

"Shut up and drive" Xavier replied with clenched jaw.

I checked the rearview mirror and saw the two cars still behind us and followed by the cops. I noticed that one of the cars are getting closer my eyes caught the movement inside the car.

My eyes widened before snapping my head behind and I saw a man aim a gun at our direction.

"Can't you hurry the fuck up." I yell

"You want me to drive faster! Fine!" He yelled back

He accelerated the car and I went flying behind I clenched my fist, He is so dead. I was about to get up but several gunshots fired through the glass I quickly covered and went back down. "Fuck" I curse out loud.

The car halted to the side and off-road my hand found the pistol I held earlier and aimed right at one of the cars from the now shattered glass in the back.

"What the hell do you think your doing?" I heard Xavier shout followed by a groan but my focus was on the car and I fired.

 my eyes followed the car that was drifting to side to side which was meant to confuse the other car.

The cars both came to a halt only centimeters away from each other.

Sirens were still heard as we got back to the road.

"Shit" My eyes snapped to Xavier I saw him clutching his bicep. His eyes were closed before he groaned in pain again.

"Are you okay?" I ask 

"Do I look okay?" He replied 

I examined the wound. 

"We need to stop the bleeding" I say turning to Diego.

I noticed he accelerated the car by now the sirens were heard from a distance meaning we lost them.

"We sure as hell can't take him to the hospital" Diego says back

I saw Xavier's eyes slowly drop close.

"Hey, Xavier we need you to stay awake" I pat him on the cheek

"Xavier we need your eyes open" I panicked when I saw them close. 

"Shit, Is he okay?" Diego asks panicked 

I pressed my lips on a thin line and looked at Diego.

"I know where to go"

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

This is a bad idea. A very very bad idea. What was I thinking? I looked at Xavier his eyes were closed. I put more pressure on his wound.

"Are you sure we are going to the right place?" Diego asks looking around