•Chapter 3•

Just remembering what I had been through made me angry. After all the therapy and people constantly having to watch me just so I didn't kill myself. They have the nerve to want to 'catch up' I don't think so. I gave the the most eerily calm look. They shivered. I smirked.

  "Do you really think, after everything you've put me through I'd want to 'catch up?' You're out of your fucking mind. Can I get the check so I can get out of here!"

  "And don't even think of coming near me. If any of you do, your child maker will be no more. Got it?"

  They just smirked and nodded. They thought this shit was funny? I'll show them funny.

  I paid the bill and walked out the diner leaving the boys behind. Walking to my car I noticed people had stopped whatever they were doing and just stared at me. Yes, I'm back. I opened the door of my car and got in, then drove off to my Grandma's house.

  As I arrived, I had rolled down my windows, by the time I was even on her block, I was hit with the smell of Jamaican pumpkin soup. My mouth watered. Oh my god, I loved that soup. I had just eaten too, but that don't matter. Pulling up to her house, I took out my suitcase from the trunk of the car and walked up to the porch and rung the doorbell.

The door swung open and I was immediately held in a crushing hug.

  "Mi pickney deh yah! A weh yah do? Come inna de house nuh." (My child is here! What are you doing? Come in the house.)

  I chuckled. She was still the same as ever. Strong as fuck, and she's still got the Jamaican accent after 35 years of being up here. I walked in the house listening to her. 

  "Yuh know seh me did cook yuh soup but mi no know if yuh still like dat so mi did just cook everyting." (You know that I cooked your soup, but I don't know if you still like that, so I just cooked everything.)

  "You cooked... everything? I just smelled the soup?"

  "Mi cook EVERYTING." (I cooked everything)

  I looked at the table. Piles of food was lined out. I dropped my suitcase and hugged her. I missed her so much. We were having a heart warming moment when she just had to ruin it.

  "Cume off a mi. Yuh crazy? You a try kill me inuh, but yuh cyan go kill me. Me a bad gyal. Move from yahso and go put yuh sinting dem upstairs. Come back down and come eat afta dat. No lock yuh self inna di bathroom wid dat bumboclaat
pill sinting. Rahtid."

(Come off of me. You crazy? You're trying to kill me but you can't kill me. I'm a bad gyal *girl* Move from here and go put your stuff upstairs. Come back down and eat after that. Don't lock yourself in the bathroom with the pill thing.)

  I busted out laughing the fucking SHADEE. I told her ok and jogged up the stairs. I went into my room and was hit with harsh memories of the past. Me crying and cutting myself. I still had the scars. They weren't going away anytime soon. I put my suitcase down, and went back downstairs.

  "Hey Grannyyy. Thanks for making all this food."

  "Well yuh know seh mi did have one date todeh. But mi hafi cancel it cause a you. Anyways a mi ask fi dis. Come knam di food."

(Well you know that I had a date today. But I had to cancel because of you. Anyways, I asked for this. Come eat the food.)

  "A dateee. You still dating out here?"

  "Hell yeah. Mi hafi get dat buddy yuh know. Da pussy ya still wet, gyal mi need me vitamin D. Yuh hear dat. Alright."

  I was shocked. My mouth dropped to the floor. This woman is built different. I mean at least she has something better to look forward to than me. Dick. I laughed, such a funny word. Dick. Wouldn't know about that, I'm a virgin.

  "Ok, I don't need to know about your sex life, let's get into this food."

  She chuckled and sat down at the table. She had went all out. Jerk chicken, spicy shrimp and crabs, curry chicken, Oxtail and rice and beans, curry goat, and some barbecue chicken and white rice. I could wait to eat all of it, especially the soup. I was gonna have to leave it for tomorrow cause soup and all of that meat does not go together.

  Dishing my plate, we ate in a comfortable silence, I even got a 3rd sharing. Don't worry about me gaining weight. I have this metabolism that gives me my hourglass body shape but makes me slim. It wasn't just the work of metabolism, the gym had done a great job on my body and confidence.

  "So what are we doing for the next 2 weeks?"

  "... yuh mean you? Me a go somewhere wid me man. 2 a dem actually. Me a go to Jamaica fi 2 week and me want yuh fi watch mi house. Me no wan hear nuthing from yuh. Socialize, me nuh like dem people yah eda, but suck it up. Get sum white man dick while yuh deh yah."

    (... you mean you? I'm going somewhere with my man. 2 of them actually. I'm going to Jamaica for 2 weeks and I want you to watch my house. I don't want to hear nothing from you. Socialize, I don't like these people either, but suck it up. Get some white man dick while you're here.)

  The audacity of this old bitch. I didn't say it out loud cause she would kill me but I just stared at her. Dick, leaving, 2 men, watching the house, socializing, and white men. It wasn't even up for discussion. I nodded and watched as she got up and went upstairs to get her stuff when I heard the doorbell.

  "Get dat fimi nuh!" (Get that for me!)

  "Alright, damn."

  Going to the door, I opened it and saw two hot old men. One black, one white. Damn granny knew how to pick them, she's going to have the time of her life.

  "Hello darling, is Mary in the house?"

  "Um, yeah she's upstairs getting her stuff."

  "Thanks, can we come in?"

  "Yeah, come on."

  I stepped back and let them in. They seemed to be familiar with the place as they went upstairs like it was their own house. Well shit, I might fuck around and be like granny.

(*The black man is Idris Elba, and the white man is Mathew McConaughey.*)

*Don't forget to vote!*