•Chapter 7•

"Hey, Sam, it's really great I bumped into you, my brothers and I really need to talk to you. Please, just hear us out."

  Did I want to go with him to talk? Hell no. I'm a bad bitch, I don't talk with people who have done me wrong.

  "What did I say last time, Carson?"

  "You said, 'Don't even think of coming near me. If any of you do, your child maker will be no more. Got it?"

"So you do listen! So why do you think I wanna talk? Just leave me the fuck alone! You guys hurt me and you think you can just come up to me and say, 'Can you please talk to us?' No! You see how I leave you alone, do the same."

I looked at him with anger in my eyes. His didn't mirror the same emotion. His eyes actually held some hurt in them. No. Don't fall for it.

As I was about to walk away, he grabbed my arm. I turned back around.

"Let my arm go."

"Please. Just listen to us, we're very sorry."

"If... I listen to you, will you leave me alone?"

"Maybe. It depends on how it goes."

I thought about it. Should I just listen to what they said? Maybe I should. Some closure would be nice. I looked back at him.

"Fine. Come on where are we gonna talk?"

"Maybe you can come to our place?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. He fidgeted. As he should.

"I'll follow your car. Come on hurry now, I have things to do."

His lightened up and he smiled.

"Let's go love."

"No no no. Not love. My name is Miss Thompson to you. No Sam, no other name. Got it?"

  He nodded.

  "Good."

  He got into his car, and I got into mine after putting the flowers I bought in the backseat.

  After 13 minutes of driving, we pulled up to this beautiful mansion.

  "Damn, motherfuckers got this big ass place. It's not better than my house though. Maybe it's a bit better."

  He parked in the back of the mansion and I followed suit.

  Getting out of his car, he opened the door of my car for me. Such a gentleman, but fuck him.

  "Thank you."

  "You're welcome."

  He tried to hold my hand and I smacked his hand away.

  "We ain't never done that before, why would you think now was the right time?"

  "Sorry, I was just gonna hold your hand to lead you into the mansion."

  I nodded and gave him my hand.

  He smiled, why he smiling? It's just to bring me in the mansion.

  Walking into the house, my mouth dropped to the floor. It was so beautiful.

"Oh wow. It's really beautiful."

"Thank you it is, glad you like it."

He gave me a smile. Then, I actually gave him back one.

"Why do you guys want to talk, don't you think we leave the problems in our past in the past and carry on with our lives?"

"I really want to explain everything to you first, then maybe you can forgive us, and we can move on. All of us."

I nodded. It would be nice to have to stop putting up a fight with them every time I see them.

We finally make it to a big room. I'm guessing it was the living room because of the TV and big couch. In the room was the other two brothers; Asher and Liam.

I waved and they waved back.

"Hi Sa-."
"No, Miss Thompson."
"Oh. Hello, Miss Thompson."

I nodded and sat on the far left on the couch. Far away from the three of them.

"Could you come closer?" Carson said.

"No, you'll probably try and touch me."

"That's fair."

"So. I know you probably won't forgive us, but we just want to give a reason. No. We want to give you motive behind our actions." Liam said.

"In high school, we were really terrible. Our father was a former slave owner, and even though we knew you were beautiful, he drilled it into our head that black people, mostly dark skinned people were inferior to us. Obviously, we didn't want to bully anyone and we thought black people and people of color are just as equal as us." Asher stated.

    "I-" what the hell?

"He beat us and whipped us drawing blood most of the time. We couldn't bring ourselves to harm anyone, much less you. So we used our words. That doesn't give us a valid reason for you to forgive us. I don't think I would ever even forgive myself." Carson continued.

"But, just know he's dead and not coming back. We made sure of it. Please just accept us into your world." Liam finished.

At this point, I was holding back tears. To hear that they had went through broke my heart. I know I couldn't find it in my heart to forgive them, but maybe we could move past it. They had another form of pain in the past just like me.

"I can't forgive you guys. I'm sorry. But... we can move on from that and maybe we can be friends, or acquaintances."

Their eyes shined. But then immediately turned black.

"Are you ok? Your eyes turned black."

"Oh no, Miss Thompson, we're just ecstatic. You want to know something else. What we are?" Liam purred.

I took a step back. I tried to say something, but no words would form. I tried to step back again, but I couldn't move.

Asher came up to me.

"Take a guess."

"Are you guys werewolves?"

I gave them the boredest tone ever. I wouldn't care if they were some supernatural being. We were all different one way or another.

"No, we're vampires, and YOU, are our mate. All three of us."

I looked at the three of them.

"I know from reading fictional books that a mate is a soulmate; a lifelong partner. Is that what I am to all three of you?"

"Yes, yes you are. You'll be ours forever."

"Ah shit."

*Author here, this will be the last update for now until 1/9/21. School started up again and I need to focus. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote!*