•Chapter 16•

"And finally, this is the master bedroom."

We had been touring through the palace for what felt like 2 hours. I looked around the room, pleased by the color coordination. It was the same color palette as the rest of the palace but it was so beautiful.

There were different hues of blue, white, and gold all around the room. From the curtains to the furniture. I finally set my sights on the gigantic bed in the middle of the room.

I didn't even register what I was about to do, but I jumped on the bed, bouncing from the impact and hugged the soft pillows. The silk sheets made me want to swim in it.

"I see you've found the bed." Asher said.

I breathed out and nodded, too busy preparing to sleep. Liam seemed to have sensed this and started to advance to me.

"Nooo, no sleeping. You have to eat."

"Please! I'm tired, I just want to sleep, a little nap! Please baby?" I said looking at him, mustering up the best puppy eyes I could.

He tried to deny me but he took one look at me and succumbed to my beautiful eyes.

"Argh, fine, an hour is all you get. Come on brothers, we must cook for our mate." He said and ushered his brothers out the room, but not before Carson kissed my forehead and wished me a good nap.

I was finally alone, I laid on the bed and covered myself in the sheets, the warmth enveloped me, allowing me to curl up and drift off to sleep.

-Liam's POV-

While our mate was sleeping, I decided to make myself useful, with the help of my brothers of course.

"Do you think she likes it here?" Carson said while spreading a thin layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, we were making Lasagna and grilled cheese sandwiches.

"I believe so, when we showed her the garden she was amazed, did you see the look on her face?" I said.

"Yeah, she looked so happy, maybe she'll enjoy gardening with Lady Mildred." Carson said reminiscing of the look on her beautiful face.

I looked over at Asher who was quiet just as he had been for almost half the tour.

"What's wrong?" I said nudging his shoulder.

His head snapped up like he had been lost in his thoughts. Maybe something happened at the meeting? We hadn't been able to talk about it because we were a bit occupied with our mate.

"Oh, nothing's wrong, I was just thinking of something." He said avoiding my gaze.

I looked at Carson who shrugged his shoulders and went back to making the food.

"Is it about Sam?"

He hesitated before answering, almost as if he was unsure how to tell me about what was bothering him.

"Do you think I'm doing a good job at being a proper mate?"

I raised an eyebrow. He was worried?

"Do you think you're not?"

"...I just feel... like I'm not being good enough for her, I know we haven't been together long, but she already has a bond with you two already. You and her goof around and are comfortable together, Carson and her are really intimate and close, but where do I stand?" He said putting down the knife he had in his hand to look at me.

"I think you should should spend the entirety of tomorrow together to figure it out. I know she cares for you, so you're gonna have to figure out what role you play in our relationship." I said and patted his shoulder.