•Chapter 20•

Passing by large green trees, I watched as the scenery passed by us. I leaned back into Asher's hold. It was comfy there.

    It felt great to be so free, the air was cool and rushing by us. Occasionally, we would soar above the clouds, and let me tell you, it was a beautiful sight.

    Leaning down to my ear, Asher licked my earlobe. "We're almost there my love."

   I shivered at the contact and the way his husky voice made me feel. Nodding, I looked down and saw that we were flying over a large city, filled with tall buildings and futuristic designs all over.

   Trains whizzed past us, not filled with people, but something else. It's contents were blue and black, moving quickly like lightning.

   Seeing my interest, Asher pointed at one of the trains that landed on the helipad of a building. "That powers the city, you should see it at night, it's very beautiful."

   "Just like you." I said, intertwining our hands together.

   He glared at me. "I don't why you're trying to outdo me, you think you can outdo my love?"

"I don't know? I would LOVE to here your thoughts about what you think, sweetheart." I said, smiling up at his handsome face.

"So that's what we're doing huh? Ok love, I love the way your ass jiggles when you walk, I love the way when you smile it lights up the room you're in. I love the way you get mad when I wear the most hideous things."

"See? You can never outdo me with compliments. But, I will say, your pathetic attempt on trying to take over my role as your cheerleader was a little effective." He said, whispering lowly into my ear. "Don't make that mistake again."

I gulped and nodded my head. "Good girl."

Opening my mouth to say something, Windshire let out a loud grunt and started to head downwards. Gripping onto Asher's forearm, I turned my head away to shield myself from the wind slamming against my face.

   My stomach started to feel weird, as if it was rising in my body. Flapping his large wings, we bobbed up and down, landing almost smoothly into a square filled with people.

"Oh my god, there she is!"

"It's the Queen!"

"She's finally here!"

"She's absolutely breathtaking!"

Chatter and excitement filled the entire square, guards around the area rushed to keep the prying public away from us. Holding onto Asher as he helped me down the large reptile, I was pushed into the arms of Liam and Carson.

  "People! Please collect your bearings! Is this how you act in the presence of your Queen and Kings?!" Maxus shouted. Straightening out his clothes, he motioned for 4 other guards to create a barricade between us and the square full of people... and supernatural... beings? I don't know what to call them.

Taking off in the air, Windshire and the other dragons left us, working up dust and wind blowing against everything. If the brothers didn't hold me, I would have been blown away by the impact.

When the dragons were nowhere in sight, we began to move through the crowd, throughout all the chaos happening around us, I was able to gaze at my surroundings. In the corner of my eye, a store stood out to me. A fabric store. I pulled on the nearest brothers arm. That being Asher.

"What?!" He growled harshly.

Flinching, I stopped to take a good look at him. Who was he snapping at? It was my first time being in a situation like this and I know that everyone might be stressed trying to keep me safe and sound, but at least try to take my feelings into consideration.