•Chapter 24•

- Sam POV -

Feeling a cool cloth gliding against my skin, I began to stir from my deep slumber. Slowly opening my eyes, I was met with the silhouette of a petite person. Blinking a few times, my eyes adjusted to the dim lit room. Before me stood a calm older woman, was she taking care of me while I was out?

"You're awake, good evening my Queen." She said softly, placing the damp cloth in a basin of water scattered with different sorts of flowers.

As I tried to get up, she pushed me back into the bed. "No, no, no, you need your rest. If you need anything just tell me." She said wiping my forehead.

I opened my mouth, coughing due to a dry throat. Handing me a tall glass of shimmering water, she watched as I gulped it down greedily, desperate for relief.

Sighing, I placed the glass in her outstretched hand as I felt the water flow through my body, suddenly sparking newfound energy in me.

"What was that?" I croaked, feeling a cool sensation all over my body.

"Ucalist water, it helps rejuvenate the body. And you my dear, definitely needed it." She said sitting down in a chair placed next to the bed.

"Now, how are you feeling?"

"Much better, before I felt like a train ran through me. Literally." I said placing a hand on my head as I remembered how brutal Asher was.

"Good. It's about time for you to get up. I'm sure you didn't pee after having sex, we wouldn't want you having any problems now would we? Come along, we need to get you up and running!" She said pulling me up from the bed, ushering me into the bathroom.

"I should warn you, many of your days with the triplets will be like this. They are Vampire Kings, and at the end of the day, sex will definitely be something they require, I don't think we want them to go on a killing rampage."

"Killing rampage?" It wasn't news that they were some sort of prodigies in their world, and although I have yet to learn about them, it didn't occur to me that they went on killing sprees.

"Yes, you see, they're almost 300 years old, most vampires meet their mate when or before they're 50-70. How old were they when they met you? I know they treated you terribly in high school, but you should ask yourself, what were they doing there in the first place? Since your situation is a bit peculiar, fate might have planned for them to wait until they were about 263 years old to finally create you."

I took in what she was saying, if I wasn't made, what would be the fate of the world?

"Before you were created, the triplets went absolutely berserk! Killing left to right, no one was able to stop them. They were able to spread their empire and influence around our world, and others." She said, turning around as I pushed up the nightie I was wearing up to relieve myself.

"Then suddenly, they came back to the castle after destroying a nearby city. Apparently, they felt that they were needed in your realm." She said, walking over to the bath opposite of the large shower.

"That's when I was made?" I asked.

Nodding, she went to open the bathroom door.

"W-wait!" I said reaching out to her. "Can you help me please. I need to take a bath."

"Of course, it is my duty to look after you." I allowed her to take the dress off of me as she held my hand, helping me into the bath.

I tensed up immediately when the water hit my lower region, bracing myself in the water, I waited until I was adjusted to the uncomfortable feeling.