•Chapter 25•

"Harder!"

"I can't do this anymore."

"If you stop I swear I'll make you walk back to the castle all by yourself, NO ice cream waiting for you." Shouted her ruthless trainer, Maxus.

"Please, my bones are literally rubbing against my skin, how can you treat me like this, I thought you loved me!" I cried as I tried to avoid all the rods with my hands as they kept changing positions, trying to use my reflexes and quick movements to my advantage.

The guards placed around the field tensed as I was nearly hit by a lightning fast rod.

But to no avail, a rod hit me in the back of the head, resulting in my body to fly forward into the burly man's chiseled pecs.

"When you are fighting your enemy, they will show you no mercy, no love, so forget that I am your humble servant. When you develop your skills, we will fight, and there will be no love." He said looking deep into my eyes.

I huffed and pushed him away, not even a week after Asher tried to kill me with sex, Maxus was appointed with the goal to train me. Why? Well, the triplets want to turn me, and I want to stay a human for a while. So to compromise, we settled on self-defense and hardcore training.

At this point, my palms sported calluses that looked as though they were developed over years of hard work, when in truth, it was formed over a week of rigorous exercises. But it was paying off, I was quicker and much fluid with my movements. Maxus had me fit for battle gear, and I regretted ever refusing to turn.

As soon as the heavy uniform came, he ordered me to run up the spiral stairs in the castle. I tried to get him to tone it down, but that earned me the gift of 100 push-ups.

"Get up! We do not lay around so our enemies can have the satisfaction of our death." Tossing me a staff, he leaped towards me, bringing down his staff towards my head, I blocked his attack from the air, jumping back as he went for my weak point, my legs.

Holding my stance, I went in for a swift attack, swinging the staff from behind my back, pushing him as I went to tackle him, unbeknownst to me, his staff hit the back off my neck, giving me no choice but to twist my body in the moment I began to fall and grab his weapon and use it as a pole to swing around and kick his head into the floor.

Watching as he fell to the ground, I landed on my feet. Holding a staff to back of his neck I stepped on his hand.

"Surrender."

"Never." With that, he pushed himself off the floor, his fist aiming for my face, blocking him, I swung the staff, hitting him with a roundhouse kick as he tried to grab the long stick to throw me to the ground.

Falling onto the floor, he slowly got up, anger in his eyes as his chest rose and fell with each breath he took. Regulating my breathing, I spread my feet apart as I focused all my senses when he disappeared from in front of me. Using the technique he taught me how to detect a supernatural cloaking themselves from me, I moved back as his body dived towards me from my side, grabbing his leg with all my strength I threw him across the training grounds.

Expecting him to land against the Boulder, I felt someone hit my neck with quickness that made me lose all feeling in my body and fall forward as the world began to disappear.

---

Waking up, I tried to get up, instead I was restricted by my sore muscles that were crying with every attempt I tried to move.