Two

Alonzo Flemington

I hated taking the bus with Nya, especially around this area. We got the worst of the worst, everything was so dirty and broken down, I feared her and how she wanted to touch everything that was around her. I held her in my lap for a majority of the ride but it only took a couple minutes before she wanted to sit on her own like the big girl she was.

"Daddy, my stomach is making noises!" she said to me, as she rubbed her tummy.

"We are going to get you something for you to eat soon Ny, just hold tight for a bit.

A few stops later we got to our stop and the fresh air hit my nose as we stepped off of that bus. I held onto her hand and we walked through the short cut until we got to her moms house. My ex girlfriend Rochelle sat on the porch of her little house waiting for us. Nya let go of my hand the moment she saw her and ran onto the porch to meet her. "Mommmmmmmy!" she screamed all the way up.

"Baby!" Rochelle pulled her into a big embrace that lasted until I finally made my way onto the porch. "Hello Alonzo."

"So I packed her another outfit, I'll be back later tonight to pick her up. Also, she didn't get anything to eat yet."

"Yes mommy! My tummy keeps making sounds!" Nya said, pointing at her stomach again.

"Is that, right? Why don't you head inside your grandma has breakfast waiting for you, go say hi?" all Rochelle had to say was breakfast and Nya was already inside the house. I smirked to myself and handed the back pack over to her. "You know she has clothes here, right?"

"Yes, but remember I told you that Nya has a bit of a rash and I don't want her to wear anything that isn't pure cotton. Anyways, please call me if you need anything."

"Alonzo, you're a really good dad" she reached over trying to grab a hold of my arm but I backed up just in time.

"Don't do that Rochelle, I didn't come here for this."

"I don't understand why we can't just get over this and go back to the way things were!"

"You mean the way things were before you turned me into your police? Are those the times you are talking about? The times when I wasn't walking around with a criminal record to my name?"

"Lonzo, I was young and didn't know better. I have learned from that, Nya is getting bigger and I think its better if we just patch things up for her!"

"Nya is fine Rochelle." I stepped back and began to walk backwards down her porch "I'll be back later."

Flashback:

Back in the day; Rochelle was more than I ride or die to me, we started dating when she was 14 and I was 15 years old we were one of those couples that others dreamed to be. Ro was my first for everything; my first kiss, my first hickey, the one who took my virginity and I would've given her the world and the stars if I could've, but I guess that's what you get when you fall in love at such a young age. You're blinded by the stupidity that hormones place in your head and will do just about anything to get some ass.

When Rochelle was 16 and I turned 17 we began to go our separate ways. That was around the time that my dad died from stage three cancer. I had to become the breadwinner of the family, and take care of things around the house, I started hustling. I knew she didn't like the life I was winning and didn't blame her for stepping away. However, she still had my heart and we still messed around with each other here and there. Even though, I wasn't expecting it, with how care less we were I wasn't surprised to find out that she was pregnant, nor was I prepared... but that wasn't the worst part. With that news came a lot of baggage, before I knew it I was being shoved into the back of a police car in front of my high school and slapped with a rape charge.