8. Bucket List

Khloe Fitzgerald

"It's not looking good Khloe, it's getting worse and your body is no longer accepting treatment." I looked at my doctor as she put a bandage on the area she took blood from. "I hate to be the one to even tell you this; you've been fighting for so long."

"I know." I swallowed back my tears and tried to flash her a smile. "Just tell me how long I have left."

"It's hard to determine; you could have from six months, a month or even a week. The virus is breaking down your immune system and I can't track how fast it is doing so. I would encourage you to just take it easy, spend as much time with your little one as you can and try to do everything on your bucket list as soon as possible."

That memory of last nights doctor's appointment played through my head as I watched Nya enter the school building; waving at me as smiling from ear to ear. Once the coast was clear I walked down to the local bus stop instead; since everything was so close; buying a car was not really a goal for me. Not to mention; how much I hated the LA traffic.

The bus pulled up in front of me after 10 minutes of baking in the sun, I hopped on a grabbed a seat at the back. Since it was school hours, the bus was practically empty; but catch it around 3-5PM, and everyone in here would be packed up like sardines.

I rang the bell a couple stops down and hopped off in front of the club. Blue's car was parked at the side of the building and there were a couple others in the front; we didn't get much business in the day time but you always had the few married men that told their wives they were at work; when in reality they were throwing their mortgages on girls like myself.

"Well you're here early." Blue said as I waltzed through the front door, he had a cheeky smile on his face as he rubbed his hands together; eyeing me from head to toe. "To what do I owe this surprise, I'm sure I paid you last night."

"I can't just stop by?" I asked before wrapped my arms around his muscular frame. He pulled me into a tighter hug and his hands travelled down to my backside giving it a squeeze, I rolled my eyes and pulled away from him softly.

Yes, Blue was my boss but over the years what we had grew into a very flirtatious friendship. We knew we couldn't be together with what I had, but the chemistry was there and it was a shame that we couldn't act upon it.

It was weird because Blue was the opposite of Anthony. He was imperfect while Anthony seemed to have no flaws from the day I met him. However, Blue brought out sides of me that I didn't know I even had. I found a source of happiness in the midst of my misery and he took care of me and Nya as if we were his own.

"You can do whatever you'd like ma," he bit his lips and held my hand walking me over to the bar. I waved at a couple of the bartenders before taking a seat. "Where's NyNy?"

"I just dropped her at school." I stretched then relaxed in my seat.

"Good. you know she shouldn't even be around here in the first place."

"Oh please, don't try to coach me on parenting right now Blue. You out of all people got a bunch of people's daughters working for you."

"That's besides the point; I'm working with girls eighteen and older. Nya is a child, a child that shouldn't be surrounded by half naked woman and perverted men more than she is surrounded by kids her own age."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever; I do what I gotta do." I smacked my lips and waved for one of the bartenders. "rum and coke." I said; and he replied with a head nod. "Anyways; that's not what I came over here for in the first place. So, let's drop it."