13. Help Me

Alexandra Phillips

I made sure everything was spick and span around Rochelle and Anthony's place. They had both gone to work and I was grateful that they had opened up their doors for me until I found an apartment for myself. With trying to juggle my final exams and getting all my things out of Chris and I's old place; I didn't have the time to get anywhere just as yet.

I was really excited today as I was going to finally make up with Alonzo after all these years we had spent apart. I just knew he was the one for me. I knew that sending him away to jail was wicked of me but it was a good idea; he needed time to grow and realize that I was the one for him as well; and with him coming over today, it was proof that he came to his senses.

I got dressed in a tight red track suit that showed off my new-found curves. Thankfully, I was eating again and thankfully it was all going to the right places. It was that happy weight; now that I know he was back... things were back to normal.

My phone dinged and I looked at the message on my screen.

Chris:

Alex, please... I am having one of those days again and I really need you. Please come talk to me.

Me:

Move on already.

I threw my phone onto my bed and walked into the kitchen, on the table sat two pill bottles that Rochelle left for me. On top of the bottles sat a note saying; "Don't forget the rules."

A few years back after getting into University I had tried to cut the drugs off cold turkey and that led to me having to deal with much more than I bargained for. I spent many nights in the hospital until Anthony treated me himself so my parents wouldn't have to be involved and he came up with this silly diagnosis that I had "bipolar disorder." It was a condition I wasn't new to, many doctors diagnosed me with the same thing when I was growing up but with the strict catholic parents I had; they just thought it was a demon. They prayed it away and I was healed.

But Rochelle had been on my case about it, now more than ever. Although I didn't agree with them, I had to do what I had to do in order to stay in their home.

I stared at the pills on the table and poured myself a glass of cold water. "Nothing is wrong with you Alex. You're perfectly fine." I popped open the bottles and before I could shake any out; I heard the door bell ring. "Saved by the bell Alex." I shoved the bottles into one of the drawers, fixed my hair then raced for the door.

I took a deep breath before I opened it and there he stood, Alonzo Flemington. I couldn't help but notice the Minnie Mouse teddy bear in his hands. "Sorry I was late, I had to pick something up for Nya."

"It's fine, come on in." I said moving to the side to let him in. He took off his shoes and looked around the place before he took a couple more steps in. Luckily, I removed the pictures of Rochelle and Anthony before he got here; just to avoid the questions.

"How was the ride down here?"

"Not too bad, I took a taxi." He stood awkwardly in the hallway and I walked past him, gesturing for him to follow me into the living room. I took a seat on one of the couches, patting the empty spot beside me. He looked at me, then hesitantly sat down. "This is a nice place you got here."

"Thank you," I smiled. The scent of female perfume filled my nostrils and I tried my best not to get anger, but just the thought of him being with another did that to me.

"I thought you were going to school, how did you afford this?"

"Oh... my parents."

"Ah, I see." he played with the stuffed animal in his hand and we sat there in complete silence. Until I made the decision to turn the TV on. I swayed my hips as best as I could and walked over to it; hitting the power button. With what I had on; I knew he was looking. The sound of Maury replaced the silence and I sat back in the couch.