14. Christmas or Police Lights?

Christmas Day

Khloe Fitzgerald

"Thank you so much mommy!" Nya jumped around as I let the brand-new puppy ran out to her. She had opened up a whole lot of presents from myself, Blue and a couple girls from the club but I knew this is what she wanted more than anything else. "I love her!" she shrieked, as she held the puppy close to her face and kissed all over it. "I'm going to name her... Sam. After aunty Sam." I laughed, "That's a good idea. She kind of looks like her too."

"Thank you again mommy!" she jumped on top of me and left a trail of kisses all over my face as well.

"You're welcome baby." I smiled and sat back in my couch. Watching as my princess enjoyed everything she had gotten. I didn't get much but this right here was enough to please me. That smile on her face, was my Christmas gift. To know that it was probably my last, made this moment a bitter sweet one.

I got up, cleaning up the wrapping paper that streamed the floor. Nya was blessed to have so many people that cared for her. My phone began to ring and she ran over, handing it to me. I saw Samantha's name flashing across the screen. I answered the FaceTime and she filled the screen. "Merry Christmas!" I sang into the phone.

"Don't." she groaned. "I am not in the mood."

"Why not?!" I giggled and threw away all the paper, then sat back on the couch. "What's wrong?"

"The worst thing that could possibly happen... this is the worst Christmas ever?"

"You're such a drama queen. What happened? How was your date last night?"

"There was no date."

"Huh?" I furrowed my brows and sat up. "What do you mean? You were ready and everything."

"Yeah... I know but he stood me up." she shrugged. "So, it didn't happen."

"How does a man you are practically living in a hotel with no stand you up?"

She sat up in the bed she was laying in and flipped the camera to show me she was alone. "That's how. He didn't come back last night, he hasn't answered any of his phone calls."

"Damn girl, aren't you worried?..."

"No because that's all niggas are good for. They claim to be good then do stuff like that. And that's not even the worst part." She began to chuckle. "I'm also pregnant!" she raised both her brows and tried to laugh it off.

"No, you aren't!" Samantha held up three tests and I yelled. I was on my feet, I couldn't even sit anymore. "This is too much."

"Too much for you? Imagine me!"

Before I could even curse her out I heard a knock on my door. I rolled my eyes, whoever it was, was interrupting some real tea spilling. "Hold on girl." I said. I placed my phone onto the couch and walked over to the door, it was probably Blue or someone dropping off more gifts for Nya.

Without thinking I opened to door and it was my worst nightmare...

"LAPD, Ms. Fitzgerald you are under arrest and being charged on a count of kidnapping." Two men turned me around and I looked at Nya who stood there with the puppy in her arms, nothing but fear was written across her face. They read me my miranda rights and I cried seeing her try to get to me. Before I could even say I love you, they dragged me away.

Charlotte Evans

This really wasn't the day to bother me. I wanted to spend a peaceful Christmas at home, but of course something would go wrong. Last time I checked; I signed off on all the checks before I left. Skye was capable of handling things without me so for her to call me; I was very much irritated.

I parked my car across from the store and walked up to the store to see the place surrounded by firetrucks, ambulances, and police cars. They told me to get here quick, but failed to mention that it was this serious.

I ran over, ignoring the flashing lights of the paparazzi and new casts that surrounded the place as well. I got to the front and Skye waved to get my attention, she was talking to one of the police officers on the side. "What's going on?" I asked as I got to her.

"Something bad happened. One of the cleaners came by today and they said that there is a stream of blood coming from one of the stock rooms! He tried to get in but someone barricaded the door. They called me, and I called you then called the police."

"They just got here?" I asked, watching the line of firemen that made their way into my store. Skye nodded.

"Ugh!" I threw my head back. Now I was worried, to think someone got hurt in my store, my brand-new store. I could only imagine how this would look on the headlines. Not only that; but if there were in my stock room... it means they were one of my staff. "Excuse me sir, I am Charlotte Evans. Owner of this place, do you know what is going on?" I asked one of the officers.

"I know who you are, I am a huge fan." he said flashing me a big smile. "However, not yet ma'am. We are as clueless as the rest of you but we hope to find everything out in a few. Just sit tight."

-

After about an hour of waiting; Eazy showed up and so did a couple more of the staff. In my head it was good to see them and know that they weren't the one in the stock room. Finally a couple fire men came out along with one of the police officers. "Ms. Evans?" one of them called out to me. I went up to him and he explained to me that he wanted me to identify a body, he explained that it was an obvious suicide and the individual did not have any I.D. on them. He concluded by letting me know if I wasn't ready he understood.

I had tough skin, and I wanted to know who it was as much as anyone else that waited out here. I nodded, then Skye and I followed him inside. My heart dropped seeing the blood that streamed down from stock room B, all the way down the hallway. I took a deep breath, and the officer pushed away the door they had to break down in order to get in the room. I stepped over the puddle of blood, and once I saw him; I wished that I hadn't...

I covered my mouth and began to sob. To see his lifeless body, laying there; a clean gash across his neck and the box cutter laying next to him.

All I could ask myself; is WHY?!