Welcome Back Part 3

Khloe Fitzgerald

"Focus please." I slapped my hand against the workbook as Nya pulled her attention away from the television and back to her math work. Once I realized she was focused I returned to putting on the finishing touches to my makeup for my shift tonight.

I got dressed and took a seat to slip on my shoes, when my co-worker Samantha came running through the back door. "You missed the opening set!" I said, looking up at her as she began undressing in a hast.

"I know, Blue is going to kill me."

"You got that right, especially since this is like your third time being late this week." Claudia, Another one my coworkers said to her, as she walked in through the curtains. Once I stuck my feet completely into my heel; I stood up and examined my body in the mirror. "Why are you even late in the first place, you don't leave too far from here."

"So much is going on!" she threw on her outfit then walked over to my locker where she normally borrowed some of my lashes if she needed any.

"Like what?"

"For starters; I'm not pregnant." She said referring to the little scare she had last week. I was glad she wasn't Samantha was too young and too irresponsible to hold her own. "Secondly; this is actually my last night working here."

"What do you mean?" Claudia chimed in, inching closer to us.

"I got a new job, Blue hooked me up with this local, million-dollar producer a couple weeks back and we've been hitting it off ever since; he's going on tour with some big names starting tomorrow and he wants me to come with him." She grinned from ear to ear as she looked the mirror while applying her lashes. "I'm finally going to be living my dreams."

"You really think that's a smart idea?" I scoffed, then looked over at Nya to make sure she was still working. "To leave everything you have here to go travel with some stranger."

"He isn't a stranger! I've been getting to know him, and I really do trust him K. I have a good feeling about this guy."

"Just as you did with the others in the past? Girl... you need to learn how to be independent; stop looking to a man for money when you're making stacks right now."

"Ugh you wouldn't understand..." she waved me off and continued to fix her makeup in the mirror that hung in my locker. "I could even hook you up if you were down, he's looking for girls to work for him."

"I'll pass. I have responsibilities that I can't just pick up and leave behind."

Moving to LA was no where in my life goals, I had dreams of being married to Anthony for the rest of my life. I loved Toronto but the moment I found out I had to live with a disease that I was given by the man that I loved, I couldn't bare to stay in the city any longer.

Getting out was easy, it was getting settled in this new place with an inquisitive four-year old that made it harder. It took about a good year for us to get on our feet, and for her questions to stop. As far as Nya was concerned; I was her only parent and she began to fill that void in my life where Anthony once was. After struggling for a bit; I finally got a pretty decent job, I was working at a little Italian restaurant in Hollywood; racking up as much tips as I possibly could. I left with nothing, so continuing to do makeup was near impossible.

Once I realized that the tips weren't doing it for me, and that I had a child to worry about now; I was blessed enough to meet Blue. Blue stepped into the restaurant one day with an offer that I would've been idiotic to turn down.

I had never taken a career as a stripper seriously but knowing that I could make money off it; that was all I needed to get me to agree. To this date, I have been officially stripping for going on two years and I couldn't be any happier. No, it wasn't apart of my life plan and no, I never thought I would've ended up in this position but what can I say? Life happens and as far as I'm concerned, I was no longer struggling to make ends meet. With the type of money, I was bringing home a night; I didn't know why I didn't start dancing a long time ago.