Nineteen

Alexandra Phillips

Was it normal for the birthday girl to be miserable? Because I was not in the mood to do anything this morning. It was clear that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. From the moment, I opened my eyes I was running around the city all day like a chicken without a head and because Rochelle was on my ass. She rushed me to my nail appointment, then to my hair appointment then I had to return to the house in time for us both to get our makeup done.

I was so busy that I didn't even get the chance to look around or have a tour of the place we were staying. There were ten bedrooms, and eight bathrooms. It came with an indoor/outdoor pool and jacuzzi, game room, theatre, gym, and sauna. I may have been rushing now, but I was here for the whole weekend and I planned to use as much of these amenities before I left.

"Look up for me." My makeup artist told me, and I followed. I tried my best not to blink as she applied my mascara. We played music in the background just to get ourselves ready for the club tonight. I didn't know what Rochelle had up her sleeves for later but I tried my best not to question it; I just wanted to have as much fun as possible while doing a countdown for my birthday. "Now, red or nude lips?" she held up the two in front of me and I bit my lip; it was a tough choice. I liked to keep it simple, but tonight I needed to step out of my element and spice things up a little. "The red."

"Good choice." She smiled at me, and placed the nude one down before she applied the red on my lip. "You look amazing Alexandra."

"Thank you so much." I spoke funny, keeping my lips as still as possible.

"You look sexy as hell!" Rochelle looked over at me, holding a red cup up to her mouth. Her hair was bone straight and she had overall light makeup; but her eyeshadow was a dramatic smoky eye. "Look who's talking!" I said; patting both of my lips together. My makeup artist set my face with setting spray then took a step back to examine her work. From the smiles both her and Ro gave me, I knew it was good. "I want to see!" I jumped out of the seat I was sitting on and walked over to the full-length mirror in the hallway. I could barely recognize myself; suddenly every ounce of miserableness I was feeling earlier was gone. All that running around was so worth it. "You hooked me up!" I worked my fingers through my hair, and looked at the whole package. I knew my dress was all that was missing to tie this whole thing together.

"You like it?" I looked at her reflection in the mirror, and nodded fast. "Anything for the birthday girl!"

The door bell rang and I raised my brow, I really wasn't expecting anyone this early. "I'll get it." Rochelle raced past me and turned the corner at the end of the hallway, making her way to the door. I tried to listen as she exchanged words with another person for a few minutes, but it was so low that I could barely hear it. Before I could make my way there, the door shut and she walked back over to me, rolling her eyes. "Who was th−" behind her trailed Charlotte, with a tall man behind her, in her arms she held a gift wrapped in red wrapping paper. I didn't even care about what was inside, I was just so happy to see her. I ran over to her and pulled her into a sincere embrace. Not even paying attention to the total stranger that she came with.

Charlotte Evans

"You came!" Alex screamed before pulling away from the hug to look me head to toe. "I'm so happy to see you."

"I wouldn't have missed it," I had to swallow my pride to get the words out. I really didn't want to be here, but with everything that went down yesterday at the hospital with my parents; I needed a night out of the house to get my mind off everything. Anthony had work, but promised he was going to be at the club later so, until then Alex was my distraction. "This is my body guard; he has to come with us tonight. I hope that you don't mind." She shook her head. "Oh, and I bought you a gift." I handed it to her, and watched as she shook it next to her ear. Alex looked beautiful, I felt so underdressed looking at her. I was wearing just a simple white V-neck dress and I had done my makeup at home, I knew Alex was simple so I didn't expect her to go all out.

Behind her stood her obnoxious cousin and another female I wasn't too familiar with. I had to admit she was beautiful, her skin was chocolate and flawless; her makeup was so simply but so pretty. "where are my manners?" Alex broke my glare and turned to face the two "you know Rochelle already, but this is the best makeup artist possible; Khloe. Khloe this is my girl Charlotte." I reached over and shook her hand, giving her a fake little smile. "You did an amazing job on Alex. I need to get your business card before the end of the night"

"Alex was an amazing client, and I could get that for you no problem." She flashed me a smile.

Alex flipped her hair over her shoulder, and strutted trying to show off. "You know how I do!" she said; giving us a little bow. I chuckled to myself, "let's get some drinks." Rochelle announced and Khloe followed behind her. I caught up to the group and grabbed Alex's elbow, just so we could have a moment alone. "please tell me Alonzo isn't coming tonight." I whispered. "Don't worry, I am so done with him."

"What? What happened?"

"Just a whole mess. I don't want to talk about it right now," she half smiled, "I don't want to see or hear about him either but I promise I will tell you it all later, okay?"

"Sounds good." I respected her wishes, and sighed a sigh of relief. Alonzo was the last person I wanted to see tonight. "Let's get some drinks."

We sat at the island of the kitchen and Rochelle acted like a bartender, pouring us a few shots. I threw mine back quickly and knocked it against the counter; signaling for her to pour me another. This was just the beginning, I needed to be wasted to clear my mind.

-

A couple hours and more than a couple drinks later, the girls were finally ready. "Yoo take this snap of me?" Alex slurred out, handing her phone to me. We were already super lit. Alex got ready in her custom made black dress; with gold accents and a pair of black Louboutin stilettos. I took a couple snaps of her before handing her phone back. Rochelle looked good too I guess, her makeup was on point but she needed more than that to fix her ugly attitude.

I tried to stay clear of Rochelle by sticking to Khloe and after getting a few drinks into her; she had confided in me and told me that she was having problems at home with her husband as of lately, she was so young that I would never had expected her to get married. She spoke to me about how she thinks he has another woman on the side because he wasn't answering her calls as of lately, and coming in at all hours of the night. When she was finished ranting we convinced her to come to the club with us; she needed the night off as well. I didn't normally click with other girls as fast as I did with her, a connection like that was one you couldn't fake.

"The limo is about to pull up, let's go!" Rochelle walked into the room we got ready in, and brushed past me to collect her purse.

"I have to ride with my body guard." I said; getting my things together.

"That's even better, now let's get going." Rochelle commanded again; rushing towards door.