Welcome Back Part 2

Alonzo Flemington

"155." I grunted out as my shoulders ached from my set of push ups. The hard concrete of my cell made my hands sore, but I wasn't giving up. I groaned, pulling my body up once again "156." My cellmate yelled, clapping to give me more motivation.

"Flemington!" a guard yelled into my cell. I looked up from the puddle of sweat below me, watching as he began to open the steel bars that had held me captive for what felt like forever. After the first couple of months I had lost count, and didn't care to be honest. I became accustomed to life behind bars, and although it was hell I made the best of it. "Today's your lucky day." he swung the door open and I stood up to my feet, dusting my hands against my orange jumpsuit. My cellmate; Rocky rested his hand against my shoulder. I looked over to see the widest grin plastered across his face. "You better stay out this time."

"You already know fam." I smirked, and dapped him up, pulling him into a hug. Throughout the years, Rocky had become close enough to be brothers. If there was one thing I was going to miss about being in here; it was going to be him. "Does it look like I have all day Flemington? Hurry up or stay." I pulled out of the hug and he gave me a quick head nod before I walked out. "See you soon man." I said into the cell.

"See you soon!" he shouted in return. Although, I knew it wasn't true due to his 20-year sentence, I could only wish.

My heart pounded beneath my soaked wife beater; I couldn't believe this day was finally here. I ignored the sound of the other inmates getting rowdy at the sight of me being freed up. I even flipped off a few for the trouble they put me through since being here. "Behave inmate." I heard the officer say behind me. I nodded and placed my hands at my side.

I got through a couple set of doors and the guard grabbed my arm, pulling me into a room where I was told to strip out of my jump suit and into the clothes that I had come in here with. I really wish I could've taken a shower first, but I didn't complain; I just did as I was told. I quickly stripped down and pulled on the clothes from the box that sat on the floor in front of me. With the number of workouts, I was doing with Rocky and some of the other guys daily; I wasn't shocked that my shirt fit a little tighter than I had remembered. "You've served enough time in here son, try your best not to make it back." The officer said as he waited. After this experience, I was sure that I would not be coming back here!

"Do you know if anyone is coming to get me?" I asked, fixing up my clothes.

"That's not my job, it's yours and your lawyers. If no one is out there you can either walk or take a taxi."

"Taxi with what money?" I asked, raising my brows.

"Well you better get ready for the walk of your life."

Once I was dressed and ready to go; I went through finger printing and signing of my agreements and discharge papers. I took my last set of mug shots, until finally I was being escorted out of the facilities by one of the officers. I walked through the longest hallway, with a bag filled with letters from my friends and family. The door in front of me flew open and I listened to it buzz, once I stepped through the threshold it hit me. I was finally free.

"Alonzo!" I looked around the waiting room until my eyes laid on the familiar face. I smirked, watching her run over to me. Once she wrapped her arms around me, I stopped myself from tearing up. "I'm so happy to see you." Simone said into my chest.

"I'm happy to see you as well." I pulled away from the hug and looked at her, she hadn't looked like she aged one bit. The moment I saw her, my eyes wandered over her body. Her body being something that I couldn't get out of my mind. "Stop being nasty!" Simone said, slapping my chest. "You just got out."