16. A Woman's Wrath

Khloe Fitzgerald

"I just want to know why you did it." the interrogator said, as he rested his elbows against the desk. my hands were tightly cuffed behind me and I was dying of hunger. I had been here for hours without a single ounce of remorse shown to me. They wouldn't give me a drop of water until I spoke, but I really had nothing to say to them.

"My throat is dry." I complained, sitting up in the uncomfortable seat.

"No water until you talk."

"Fine, let me die of dehydration."

"You won't die, and so what if you do. You are nothing but a kidnapper, a dirty, perverted little child stealer."

"I did nothing to Nya sexually, I would never."

"And how do we know that? You randomly just stole someone's child from their home. Who knows that else you're capable of."

"I loved her like my own!" I yelled. "I would never hurt her in anyway."

"Yet you killed the late Mrs. Evans baby, there was video footage of you that day in the restaurant slipping something into her drink."

"I am no longer speaking without a lawyer present." I said.

"Do as you please, but you and I both know that you won't last that long."

"What do you mean?" I asked raising my brow.

"You thought you were slick, changing your names, getting fake I.D.s for both you and Nya. However, you thought after a few years that it would all go away. We closed the case and you went back to your former name and she back to hers." He smirked, "why would you do that?"

I sighed, how could I be so stupid. "Because I wanted to use my makeup certification down here. I couldn't do that under another name."

"Silly, because you going to the doctors for your treatments and checkups did nothing but bring us right to your doorstep. Thank you for making my job easier." He chuckled and closed the file in front of him. "Now you know how you got caught, I just want to know why you did it? were your seeds dry? Couldn't have any kids?"

"I could have kids."

"Then why kidnap one? Your man didn't want to impregnate you?" I rolled my eyes and listened to him chuckle. "That was it, you were mad he got some other woman pregnant so you decided to kidnap his daughter. You were mad that he didn't choose you."

"NO!" I yelled.

"Then what is it?"

"I was mad because I wanted a family with him! I wanted to be the mother of his first child. I have been in love with Anthony all my life and I gave up everything for him and in return I got nothing but aids!" A warm tear streamed down my face. "Aids, meaning I can't have anymore children. All of my dreams ruined because of one man, because one man wasn't capable of staying loyal to me! So, I hit him where it hurts, and I took away from him what he took away from me. His children." I spat on the ground and sat back in the seat once again. "So, lock me up if you have to. I don't care, like you said... I won't last that long anyway."

The room grew silent and the officer turned off the recorder, then gathered his things. He signaled for the guard to come get me and there was a loud sound before the gates opened. I was grabbed out of my seat and dragged out of the room. "Don't forget to let Anthony know, that treatment doesn't last forever!" I yelled. "And I will meet him in hell!"

Simone Smith

No matter what; I enjoyed this day to the fullest. My father, Ben and I opened up our gifts the moment we woke up. From Ben, I received a nice, affordable Guess purse (he left the price tag on it.) and my dad bought me some things for the house. I got Ben a LV belt and the Gucci loafers I knew he wanted. I got my dad a new Burberry trench coat on the behalf of both of us.