Five

Charlotte Evans
Although my Uber driver got paid through credit I pulled out the smallest bill I had which was a hundred and gave it to him. I jumped out of the car and walked through my front gate, walking slowly up to my front door, my mind running over how well the date had went and how I could still feel the butterflies with the thought of that kiss. I was in such awe that I totally forgot that this was just a character I was playing and wasn't meant to be anything too serious! Snap Out of it Char!

I pushed the door open and was surprised to see a bunch of unfamiliar shoes laying at the front. I looked behind me, realizing there were no cars in the parking lot. "Hello?" I called out, slipping out of my shoes.

"Oh yes, Charlotte! You're finally here!" my mother came from the dining room and her heels clicked against the marble. She was wearing a pair of mom jeans, and a yellow lace top that looked like it could be mine. "Your dad has company over, and they have been waiting to meet you."

"Meet me?" I raised my brow, and read the excited expression that was painted across her face.

"Yes! Now go upstairs quickly and change out of that horrible outfit. Then meet us out on the patio."

"Mom, who is h―"

"No more questions! Go change!" she commanded, pushing me up the stairs.

I went into my room and looked through the window to see if I could possibly see who was here, but the umbrella on the patio hid everything from me. I was not in the mood to sit through another one of my father's business meetings. Especially today, after having such a good day with Alonzo.

But of course, I did as I was told.

I got dressed in these black leather pants with a tucked in black low V-neck and put on a pair of heels. I finger combed through my hair just to make it look a little better and fixed my lip gloss before going downstairs to join them.

The moment I walked through the patio doors the laughter settled, and I looked up, at the patio table was a what seemed like father and son that sat across from my parents. I had never seen them here before. They weren't dressed in suits, which I was used to seeing so I didn't assume that it was a meeting, in fact it looked a little too comfortable. "And this is my beautiful daughter Charlotte." My dad said introducing me.

"Beautiful is an understatement," the older one gave out with a chuckle which my father joined in with.

I took my seat at the table, waving at the both of them. Rosalie placed a champagne glass in front of me, filling it without a word. Finally she was doing her job somewhat right.

"So back to what we were talking about." My father sat up in his seat and I watched as he held onto my mother's hand. "My wife and I believe that if we partner up with your business, we would be a dynamic duo. You have trained some of the most skilled surgeons in this city and we believe that our hospital is what you need to get to the next level."

"And are you implying that our family's hospital isn't up to par?" the older man asked, after taking a sip of what looked like whiskey. I took a good look at him, but not long enough for him to notice. Now that I did, he looked a bit familiar to me but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Absolutely not!" my mother interjected, "it is just that we now run the newest generation of medical centres. We are the first completely technologized hospital in this country, literally taking our job to the next level. Our hospital is the future that you have been waiting your whole life to see and due to the history and work your family has put into this field, we want you to come on board."

"Like you said, we have history. Don't you think with all that technology, you will be completely washing away everything that my family has worked so hard to build?" He asked my mother, leaning against the table.