Twenty-Eight

Khloe Fitzgerald

I sat at the bar of the restaurant where I could get a good view of the table where Anthony and an older lady held what seemed to be a very heated discussion. One thing about being married to him is our schedules were linked together; I knew what he was doing and where he was going all the time, which worked in my favor.

From where I sat I could tell that something was brewing by the familiar look on his face, but little did he know I had something up my sleeve as well. I felt the heat in my body rise as I watched him rubbing the lady's baby bump, smiling at her as he kissed her forehead the way that he used to kiss mine.

I held it together and waited for them to order their food and I watched as their waiter walked up to the bar, giving their order sheet to the bartender. I knew it was his order when I saw the man pour a glass of whiskey which was his favorite, and a virgin Shirley temple. He sat the drinks over to the side where they waited for pick up and I took that as my opportunity. I leaned over the table, accidentally knocking over the wine glass that sat in front of me. "Oops," I said, holding my fingers to my lips. "I am so sorry."

"It's alright, happens all the time sweetie" the bartender said, as he reached down to clean up the mess I had made. Looking down on him I leaned over and slipped a crushed abortion pill into the Shirley temple, stirring it until it dissolved. I watched the man begin to stand back up and I sat back in my seat. "Did you want another glass of wine?" he asked.

"Yes please," he poured me another glass and I continued watching them as they ate, laughed and sipped on their drinks. I watched them until they left. Feeling happy with my accomplishment I knew, This was just the beginning.

Eazy Evans

"Shorty was tripping last night! The way she threw that drink; I thought I was watching a damn movie or something." I said through a cloud of smoke, passing the blunt to Alonzo as we sat in my car hot boxing. I was still drunk from the party last night, and this high had me on a cloud. All I smoked was that gas, but this pack was extra loud. I watched Alonzo look at the blunt before he took a drag, with a nod of approval I knew I wasn't the only one. "But real talk... after everything with these girls; you went out and got yourself a new one?"

"It isn't even like that. Simone is just a chill female. I want nothing from her and I know she wants nothing from me." He took another hit before passing it back. "She's beautiful and all, but I'm not in the right mindset for all of that."

"I feel you." I blew the smoke through my nose and rested my head back against the head rest. "We don't need these hoes anyways."

"We don't!" Alonzo turned up my radio and leaned back in his seat as well. The high was getting to him now, "E, where do you see yourself in a few years? I don't see getting serious with no girl or anything, it's been a minute."

"I don't know man; the whole relationship drama isn't for me. Plus, I like where I am now. I'm living good, making my money. What more could I ask for?"

"Yeah but don't you want more... you can't live life forever like this."

"Why not?" I raised my brow, looking over at him staring at the car ceiling.

"Because it's going to catch up to us eventually. I know personally that I wanna get into medical school, I wanna get married and have two kids at least. Live up in one of those big old houses you see on MTV cribs!" he let out a chuckle and grinned at the thought. "that's the good life to me."

"Yeah, so you can leave niggas like me behind?"

"Nah bro... I love you man. I don't plan on leaving you, you're my day one. If I eat you eat too."