Seven

Alonzo Flemington

I had spent an hour with both Rochelle and Alex and trust me when I say an hour was more than enough. These girls were crazy! They took shots back to back like it was nothing and continued filling up my cup until I had to tap out. I loved my liquor but it was obvious that I didn't love it as much as them. I was more of a mellow drunk, alcohol didn't cause me to act too much out of character.

As the girls continued drinking and gossiping around me. I continuously checked my texts, waiting to hear from CeeCee. No reply was a definite reply for me. I didn't think the date had gone that bad! I began typing to her, and stopped my self deleting everything. I was not about to let this girl make me look like I was begging for her. I finished the Henny that was in my cup and tried to bring my attention back to the last quarter of the game. "You've been checking your phone all night! Whose text are you waiting for?" Alex asked quietly, holding her cup up to her lips.

"CeeCee's actually." I shook my head at the thought that I was really sitting here, waiting for a message. Alex was silent, and she rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to the TV.

"What was that for?"

"Nothing! This ball game is boring; can we play some poker or something?" she asked, changing the subject, she placed her cup on the floor and struggled to stand up and out of the chair. I placed my hand on her back just in time; catching her before she plopped back into the seat. "Oops!" she giggled. "Thanks for catching me."

"No problem." I looked over to see Rochelle giving me a dirty look; her eyes travelled down to my hand that was still placed on Alex's back and she smirked. I moved it quickly and looked at my watch; checking the time. "You're right. This game isn't the best, and I would love to play a game of poker with you guys but I'm going to go home soon."

"I'll order you a taxi." Rochelle said reaching for her phone, I watched as she opened the app. I looked back at Alex who was now glaring at me. "You should stay!" Alex's words dragged and she placed her hand against my thigh, gripping it. "You're already here, have a little fun."

"Alonzo please ignore her; it's clear that she's drunk. You should leave." Rochelle's words were soft but stern, but I understood where she was coming from. Alex turned around to face Rochelle, laughing she said "chill out Ro! He doesn't need to go yet."

"I want him to go home now and he wants to leave as well. So, let him."

"And I want him stay, this is my house after all!"

"And he was my guest!" Rochelle sat up in her seat, "he is going now."

I cleared my throat loud enough to get their attention, "thank both of you for the hospitality, but Rochelle is right. I should be going now." I stood up and stretched, the uneasy feeling in my stomach reminded me of why I didn't drink much anymore.

"Let me walk you out at least." Alex held onto the arm of the chair and helped herself up, walking towards the door of the room.

"Alright," Rochelle kept her eye on me, while I leaned over and gave her a hug. The tension made it awkward so I didn't linger. I let go and pushed my hands into my pocket; following Alex out the door.

I'm guessing the rest of the family was in their bed because the house was dark and quiet. Alex clapped her hands together, turning on a few of the lights that helped to guide us to the door. I kept enough distance between us but being the man I was; I would be lying if I didn't say I was checking her out while she stood there struggling to remember the security code to the alarm. She finally got the right one and I broke my stare, as she opened the front door. "Thanks for having me once again."