Eight

Alonzo Flemington

My body ached as I stretched, my legs cramped and my arm numb from the position I slept in. I yawned and rolled over, falling onto the hard floor below me. "Ugh!" I groaned and laid on my back, afraid to open my eyes. I wasn't ready to face the expected hangover to come.

"Oh, my goodness, are you okay?" I heard someone whisper from above me. My eyes shot open and I jumped up the moment I realized where I was. Alex pulled the blanket up to cover her body as she looked at me. "I didn't mean to scare you ..." she said.

I braced myself before looking down to realize that I was still in all my clothes, Thank God. "Don't worry, we didn't do anything." She climbed out of the bed, and opened her window to let in some fresh air pm. I let out a huge sigh of relief and took a seat on the edge of her bed as I tried to calm myself down. "Good morning," I let out, the moment my heart rate began to return to normal.

"Sheesh! I know I'm not the prettiest thing but I wasn't expecting you to be this happy that you didn't hit."

"Stop that!" I turned around to face her and saw as she stood there, staring back at me with her hands on her hips. "That isn't why I am happy, I didn't want to take advantage of you while you were like that. That's why I'm glad." Now that my worry was over; my headache set in causing me to rub my temples. "Ow!" I winced in pain, leaning back against her headboard.

"I put some Advil and water on the side table next to you. You're going to need it!"

"You're a life saver." I reached over and popped them into my mouth, taking a large gulp of all the water in the glass. I placed the empty cup back down and watched her as she walked past me to go into the bathroom that was attached to her bedroom. From the looks of the clean set of clothes she had on and her damp curls, she had probably woken up before me and taken a shower. Where I was sitting, I could even smell her perfume in the air. "There's a towel in here for you and an extra toothbrush, just in case you want to freshen up."

"I smell that bad, huh?" I held the neck of my shirt up to my nose and took a whiff of it. I smelt nothing but alcohol and sweat, I coughed; nearly puking at the scent, "and you slept next to me while I smelt like this?"

"Sadly." She giggled and leaned against the door frame of the bathroom. "Please go take a shower!"

"Fine! You don't have to tell me twice." I got out of the bed and walked past her, into the bathroom that was probably the size of my whole bedroom back home. I looked in the mirror at how much of a mess I looked, my eyes were red with bags under them, and I had drool marks all over my cheek. "God!" I said taking a closer look. "This is bad." Alex closed the bathroom door, walked over and taking a look for herself, she reached around me grabbing a small blue bottle, she squeezed some of it in her hand and wet her other hand a bit before rubbing them together. "Come here." She said, signalling for me to face her. She hopped onto the counter so she could reach up to my face and began to rub the clay like substance into my face. I stared at her while examining all of her features as she remained so focused. One thing was for sure; those lips of hers tasted better than they looked, as I reminisced I tried my best to just control myself. "There you go." She said, leaning back to look at me. "Now take a shower with this face mask on." I looked at myself in the mirror behind her and I'm sure my facial expression was the reason why she started dying of laughter. "I look ridiculous!" I exclaimed.

"For now," she hopped off the counter, and gazed into the mirror; putting the remainder of what she had on her hands onto her face as well. "When we wash it off we'll look so much better, trust me."

"If you say so." I spun around and saw full glass shower, that had no shower curtains whatsoever, I wasn't used to this. I cleared my throat then looked over at her, trying to figure out how this was going to work. "So, are you planning to stay in here or..."