Thirteen

Alonzo Flemington
I followed the GPS until I pulled into the parking lot of what looked like some corporate offices. The buildings were tall and made of all glass windows all around, I watched a few shadows of what was probably cleaning staff walking around in the floors low enough for me to see. I continued to drive around the basically emptied parking lot, looking around at the cameras and how I could do avoid them. I continued driving around the lot until I saw the Black Rolls Royce that sat in the reserved section by itself. This had to be the one Cee was telling me to look out for. I reserved back and threw my car into a parking spot a not too far away. I shut the car off, and pulled my hoodie over my head; waiting for him to come out.

I sat in the silence of Chris' car for about ten minutes until I felt my phone begin to vibrate against my leg. I groaned at the sound of it ringing a second time after me ignoring the first and pulled it out to see Alexandra's name across the screen, I did a quick time check and realized she was probably waiting to know if she should still come over. I was going to ignore it again but I needed to hear her voice before I did this, I couldn't get it out of my mind from earlier. I answered, and before I could get a word out I heard her say "Alonzo!"

"Hey, what's up?"

"Where are you?"

I saw the door of the building open, I sat up and watched a lady walk out, before I could return back to the call. "I'm out right now. I know I told you I would let you know when to come, but this just isn't a good time."

"Alonzo, I need to tell you something."

"Can it wait?"

"No. It's about C−" the building door slid open again and I removed the phone from my ear at the sight of a man; he had a phone to his ear and a brief case in his opposite hand. It was dark but from what I could see, he seemed to fit the description of what Cee gave me. I opened up the glove compartment and waited until I saw him walk into the direction where only his car was. "I gotta call you back." I said into the phone before I hung up and dropped it into the cup holder. I pulled out Chris' strap and slid it into the side of my pants before I popped the door open. The man looked up to the sound of my door, he looked around then returned back to his phone call. I got out and tightened the strings of my hoodie so it could hide a majority of my face then began to walk towards him, the lights in the parking lot were quite dim but I saw when he his eyes looked at me, and he whispered something into his phone before hanging it up.

"Listen here buddy, I don't want any trouble." He shouted loud enough for me to hear, pushing his phone into his pocket. The man placed his brief case on top of his trunk, and raised his hands up in surrender. "Just trying to get home to my wife and daughter,"

"It's always funny to me that men like you only value your wife and children when it's too late." I said in return, I kept my hand on the pistol as I got closer. "You should've thought about the trouble that putting your hands on her would've got you in."

"Look." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a fat wallet; dropping it in front of me. "If it's money that you want, I can give it to you but I don't know what you're talking about sir. I think you've got the wrong person."

"You're Robert Evans?"

He nodded and looked at me with fear as his eyes trailed down to where my hands were resting, I pulled the gun out and his body began to shake. "Please don't kill me. I have a family." I pistol whipped him; getting annoyed at the sound of his voice and he dropped to the ground; holding the side of his face. I watched him attempt to get back up but seeing him on the floor, helpless painted a visual picture of what Cee must've looked like before he hurt her. Thinking about this, just got me angrier. I kicked him in his stomach repeatedly, hearing the sounds of him moaning in pain "I have a family at home!" he cried out. "You should've never touched her!" I said giving him a hard kick to his ribs, he let out a loud yell; clutching onto his side. I nearly smiled seeing him there in pain, this is what I wished I could've done to my father when I had the chance. My adrenaline was at an all time high and a memory of my old self came over me. I had missed this feeling of power.