Fifteen

Alonzo Flemington

A couple hours had passed by and we were all still just chilling. We kept our eyes on the news reports on twitter but I changed the TV and put on Kevin Hart's Laugh at My Pain just to lighten up the mood a little bit. The guys were tense and with Alex here I didn't want it to be too obvious, that something was going on. We got to the middle of the show before I watched Eazy stand up, he gave me a little nod and made his way unto the balcony. I knew what that meant. "I'll be right back." I whispered to Alex, as I ran my hand against her thigh to get her attention, she nodded and I made my way out as well.

As soon as I closed the balcony door behind me; Eazy let out a long sigh before looking over at me. "You made a lot of rookie mistakes tonight bro..." he shook his head and leaned against the railing, taking a look over. "I don't think you understand how bad you just made it for yourself."

"I think you just need to chill." I smirked and leaned my back against the railing as well so I could look into my living room. "This is nothing compared to what we used to do."

"Key words; USED TO. You don't do this anymore, it's a whole different thing out here now from what you remember."

"You're trippin."

"I aint trippin!" Eazy's voice raised and he shot a sharp glare over at me. "You're so calm and collected but little do you know you got Chris' license plates all over the damn surveillance cameras of that place, you messed with the wrong kind of guy Alonzo, this isn't our usual gang beef; that is stuff the police could care less about. When it comes to these people with money... they're about to put in extra work to make sure they find you."

"And they won't! I will handle it like I always do."

"How... Let me know."

"I don't have an answer right now." I dug my hand into my pockets, and turned around after realizing Alex had been watching me. "But I will figure it out."

"That's not good enough, if you have to figure it out. It has to be right now! Understand; you got a daughter... you're about to go into medical school... you shouldn't have even gotten your hands dirty with this."

"And I understand that!" I shouted, "you pressing me isn't doing anything to make this any better, I don't see you giving me any ideas!"

"Oh, so now you want my help?" Eazy chuckled and returned his attention to the view in front of him.

"This isn't the time to be smart, just help me out here...."

"Just let me handle it; from what I saw tonight I don't think this is for you anymore. Stick to the books, take care of my niece and don't make another move until I tell you to move, okay?"

"I can hel−"

"No! I said let me handle it and I mean it, now I gotta clean up your mess... don't make it worse."

"Fine!"

"And... I don't want to see that girl back around here again."

"CeeCee?" Eazy nodded, and I groaned "here we go again with this... I don't understand what your problem with her is?"

"Exactly, you don't understand and at this point in time you don't deserve to know. All I'm saying is if you were smart; you'd listen to me for once. Secondly, that girl inside there... what are your intentions with her?"

"What do you mean?"

"Is she anything special... or you're just trying to get some."

"It's too early to answer that question."