"I know how Marco died."

Lisa was woken by indistinct chatter; a smile crept on her lips to see her friends and family talking animatedly. It was Noah who saw her looking at them.

"Mommy Lisa is awake!" He jumped off from his mother's lap "How are you, mommy?" He asked as he approached Lisa's bed

"I feel good, baby. How long have you been here? You should have woken me up." Lisa sat up "Hi, beautiful."

Jennie smiled sweetly at the patient "Hi, gorgeous." She greeted back "Your doctor came a while ago, we can go home tomorrow."

"Really? That's good news. I'm so sick here. How's your game?"

Before Jennie could answer, their friends joined their conversation.

"Your girlfriend ate the game! She literally saved our asses." Nayeon said "Jiho recorded Jennie's game. You should watch it later."

"I will for sure. I'm so proud of you." She beckoned Jennie to lean to her to give her a kiss on the forehead

"Respect for the singles, lovebirds." Tzuyu faked a cough

"Yup, show some respect." Jisoo second emotioned "Right, Rose?"

Rose was surprised to hear her name "W-what?"

"You're too busy staring at Jisoo." Joy teased "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk."

Jisoo and Rose looked at each other with something in their eyes. Yup, there is definitely something with those looks.

After spending time with Lisa, everyone decided to go home except for Jennie who will stay to look after Lisa. As usual, they had a hard time convincing little Noah to go home without his mommy Jennie but later convinced him when they said that his mommy Lisa will join them to watch Jennie's second game.

~~

"Nice spike." Lisa complimented the player next to her while watching the recorded play together "I'm glad that you didn't expose your legs."

They were lying on Lisa's hospital bed; Lisa's arm wrapped around the smaller girl's shoulder.

Jennie playfully pinched her cheek "You're too possessive. It's not like people will ogle over my legs."

"They surely will. You won't understand how pissed I was when the two maniac students were talking dirty about you."

They resumed to watch the video while the patient never failed to compliment every move of the player. She wished she was there to watch it live but unfortunately, there was someone who was evil enough to do that cruel thing to her.

"Your mom just fired us." Jennie shared while placing the phone on the side table

"She will hire us back after I recover, don't worry."

"Don't you think it's too dangerous for you to go back there? I mean, the incident that happened to you is not just an ordinary..."

"I know, it means someone wants to harm me, but we need to work."

"I think it's time for us to swallow our pride." Jennie placed her hand to Lisa's face while looking at her tenderly "It isn't bad if you accept Adeline's financial support to you. We're still young, whether we like it or not we still need other's help. My brother offered to help me and Noah..."

"And you're going with him? You're gonna leave me, aren't you?"

"What are you talking about? Who says that we're gonna leave you? Over my dead bosy, I won't ever allow to be apart to you." She kissed Lisa's lips and said "Stop thinking about us leaving you. That won't happen."

"I'm sorry. Your brother talked to me and he wants to take you and Noah with him since my life is in danger. I refused... I... I can't imagine my life without you and Noah anymore." Lisa cried "You're right, this is not the right time for my pride, I already accepted the protection my uncle Paul offered and if you want me to accept mom's financial support then I will do it. I love you, Jen."

"I love you, too, Lisa." Jennie again pressed her lips to Lisa's "We're not gonna be apart. I promise you that."

"I was planning to do this in a special way but after what happened to me, I was so scared that I might never have the chance to do this so..." Lisa something under her pillows "Will you be my girlfriend?" Then she opened the velvet tiny box revealing a infinity ring

Jennie on the other hand couldn't utter a word and just stared at the ring.

"I know this is not the proposal you're expecting but..."

"I'm not expecting anything magical, Lisa." Jennie finally found the strength to speak "Just you here next to me and expressing your love for me is magical already, so yes, I would love to be your girlfriend."

Lisa slowly slipped the ring to Jennie's ring finger "I love you."

"I love you." Jennie responded "When did you get this ring?"

"Last week ago. It's always in my bag, your brother gave it to me with all my possessions. I thought I lost it already the night of the attack. You love it?"

"Of course. I'm sure Noah will be ecstatic about this."

~~

"Stick this chip to dad's sim card." Jungkook showed the tiny thin chip in his hand "I know that I was pushing you to date him again, I think I made the wrong thing."

"What is happening, J? Did you fight with your dad?"

"No, mom. I will explain everything to you when the time is right. Just do me a favor, please? Don't mention this conversation to him and place this chip on his sim card."

"Mom already placed the chip on my father's sim card when they met the other day." He placed a phone on the table and pushed it towards Paul who was sitting across him "That chip is connected to this phone."

"What are trying to do, young man?" Paul asked "Is this part of your father's evil plan?"

Jungkook bowed his head in shame "My father is the brain behind what happened to Lisa. I'm so ashamed right now. Lisa is my sister, I need to protect her."

"But you snaked her girlfriend." Paul scoffed in amusement "Stop this nonsense."

Jungkook now looked at the man and said "I did that for her sake. Yuqi is no good for her. I know no one would understand me but please, this time... try to at least believe me that I want my sister to be safe. That phone is connected to the chip in my father's phone, you can listen to every call and read every message he receives."

"Give me just one valid reason to trust you." Paul took the phone from the table "Why would you sell your own father?"

"I know how Marco died."

~~

-Justine