Escape

"Jen, wake up." Lisa lightly tapped Jennie's shoulder "Love."

Jennie woke up and immediately smiled when she saw Lisa "Hey, love." 

"How's Noah? Did he have trouble sleeping?" 

"He's tired. He fell asleep immediately. Hon, I heard you playing the piano a while ago. Did something happen?" 

Lisa kissed their son's forehead before answering, "We had a little misunderstanding. Can we talk downstairs? I know you're tired but I really need someone to listen." 

"Of course, hon." Jennie stood up then walked to her girlfriend "Come on, your fiance will listen to you." She kissed Lisa's lips "Tell me everything, okay?" 

Lisa nodded her head and then they went to the music room. They both sat in front of the grand piano. Jennie waited patiently for Lisa to speak her feelings. 

"Uncle Paul wanted to go through Irene's stuff to find the card but I refused. We still have to respect her. Mom thought that it was because of my issue against them. Jen, it is bad if I want to respect the girl who leads me back to you? The girl who is a big part of your life? When I walked out... I don't know, when I walked out, my feet brought me here." She looked at Jennie with troubled eyes, "I'm tired, confused, angry..." She clicked her tongue as she tried to prevent herself from crying "When I was playing the piano, there are lots of things messing around my mind. The song I was playing, I don't even know that song, Jen. That was just part of Irene's memories. That wasn't me, Jen. I keep on reminding myself, I'm still me, I'm still Lisa. Every time I look at you, I keep on reminding myself that it's not her who's loving you, it's me, it's Lisa. I need to remind myself every time because I also see the glimpse of the memories she had with you. I needed to remind myself but now, all I want is to be Irene. I want all her memories." 

When tears started to fall from Lisa's eyes, that's when Jennie pulled her to an embrace "You don't have to remind yourself because I know and I feel that it's your love what I am feeling. I know it's you who is loving me, not her. Irene is gone, though her memories stayed with you, I will never see Irene in you because you and Irene are different. You understand?" 

"I want to be Irene... I want to be her so I can put the bastard who killed my father." 

Jennie pulled Lisa from the hug and asked "You..." 

Lisa sighed as she wiped her tears "I was awake. I was awake when you and Uncle Paul were talking in the hospital. The pain and the anger were the reason why I muster to say your name. He killed my father, Jen! I've been bottling up my anger for him because if I didn't, I'll end behind bars instead of him, I could kill him. He killed my father!"

Jennie reached for Lisa's face with both of her hands and wiped her tears using her thumbs "I'm sorry. I'm sorry if you have to go all through these." She planted a sweet brief kiss on Lisa's lips and said "Let's escape." 

"Escape?" 

"Yes. You, Noah, and me. Let's escape. Let's go anywhere you want and when you're ready to face everything again, we'll go back and fight again, 'cause I see that you're tired, you can't fight that monster who killed your father and tried to take Noah from us if you're tired." She leaned her forehead against Lisa's "Let's be happy for a while, my love." 

~~

"What do you mean they are gone?" Rose hurriedly got up from her bed when she heard the news from Joy "They were here last night, right?" 

"I know, but when I checked Noah's room to eat breakfast, he wasn't there, I checked the other rooms, they aren't there. It's like they disappeared." Joy told Rose what happened while they are ascending from the stairs to go to the living room where their friends were waiting for them "I tried calling both Lisa and Jennie but they aren't answering." 

When Jisoo saw Rose was about to cry in worry, she stood up and hugged the girl "They are fine."

"What if Mr. Jeon took them? What if Noah is crying right now because he's terrified? What if they are doing something bad to our friends?" Rose cried in the crook of Jisoo's neck 

Tzuyu walked to them and soothed Rose's back "There are fine, Chae. We just reviewed the CCTV footage from last night. They escaped." 

Rose pulled from the hug and looked at Tzuyu "Let me see." 

Tzuyu borrowed the tablet from Nayeon and gave it to Rose "Here." 

While Joy and Rose were watching the footage, they heard someone shouting outside. 

"Is that your dad?" Nayeon asked Joy 

"I'm sorry, I panicked." She apologized as they all rushed outside 

"WHAT WERE YOU ALL DOING? YOU ONLY HAVE ONE JOB, THAT IS TO GUARD THEM!" 

All the bodyguards in charge last were all lined up while Paul was shouting at them in anger. 

"Dad, calm down." Joy gave the tablet to her father "Maybe they needed some time away from this mess." 

"Some time away?!" Paul smashed the tablet to the ground "They have no idea how dangerous it is for without my protection! As soon as Victor hears about this, he will hunt them down!" 

~~

"Should we call them now? They've been calling us for no hours now." 

Lisa took off her apron as she served the plate of eggs and bacon to Jennie and Noah "I'll call them after we eat, for now, let's eat 'cause I'm starving." 

"Like a beast." Noah made a cute growling sound that made the couple laugh "Starving like a beast." 

While they are eating in silence, Noah asked the couple "Why are we here? Are we on vacation?" 

Lisa and Jennie looked at each other. 

Lisa cleared her throat first before answering her son's question "It's more on like mini-vacation. We'll go back home soon, your aunties will miss you if we stay here for so long." She patted her son's head "Do you want to go to the beach after?" 

At the said of the word beach, Jennie just then realized where they are. It just hit her why everything seems so familiar to her. They are exactly at the hotel room where she and Irene stayed before the latter died. Then she remembered the tiny jar necklace and the letter inside of it that Irene gave to her.

"I want you to read this letter when you finally moved on and found a new love."

~~

-Justine