18 YEARS AGO

*18 YEARS AGO*

One stormy night changed their lives. There was no electricity supply; darkness was their companion that night. Adeline was walking back to their room after putting her son to sleep. Her husband hasn't gone home yet that kept her awake.

She tried to call her husband but she got no answer from him. No matter how hard she tried to sleep, the nagging feeling of her husband might be in danger kept her wide awake.

"I shouldn't have agreed to his working time." Adeline stressfully said before sitting up

The door suddenly swung open and a figure of a man came in. She smiled because finally her husband is finally home and safe.

"I was worried about you." She said but Marco didn't utter a word "Is there something wrong?"

The man just shook his head and started to get undressed.

"Aren't you tired?" Adeline was surprised to what her husband was suggesting to happen

Still no answer from him but instead he showered her with kisses. Adeline felt that there was something wrong towards her husband but she pushed the thought back to her mind and made love with him.

The next morning, Adeline woke up alone on their bed which was strange because she usually woke up before her husband. She dressed herself up and went straight to her son's room. Her two year old son was already awake and playing with his toys on his crib.

"I bet someone is hungry." She picked Jungkook from his crib and went straight down to the kitchen

"Dada." Jungkook cooed

"Your Dad is busy right now." She sat Jungkook on his highchair "Mommy's gonna make you pancakes."

"I'm home." Marco announced his arrival "My two favorite people are already awake."

Adeline looked at Marco strangely.

"Sorry if I wasn't able to come home last night." He kissed his wife's cheek "I sent Paul to look after you, did he come?"

Adeline stood there still; the blood from her face ran out. The man she had sex last night wasn't her husband.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Marco asked in concern

Her mind was bewildered by what she just discovered. She had sex with her brother-in-law. Why did he do that? He took advantage of the situation.

She decided not to tell her husband about what happened. Marco's family disowned him because of her, she doesn't want to ruin the only relationship that connects Marco to his family. She needs to fix the problem with her own.

~~

"Why did you fucking do that?" Was the first words that Adeline blurted out the moment she stepped inside Paul's office

Paul loosen his necktie and stood up from his swivel chair "You were mine first, Adeline. You dumped me for that stupid Jeon now you're with my brother. I'm hurt. I loved you but this is all I got."

"That was all in the past, Paul. Me and your brother... we're trying to have a peaceful life, why do you have to ruin that?" Adeline cried "What do you want to happen?"

"Last night was a big dumb decision I did. It wasn't really my intention to do that but when I saw you... I couldn't stop myself."

"I can't even look my husband in the eyes. I can see and feel him hurting everytime I'm avoiding him. My conscience is eating me. Everytime I'm trying to hold him, I remember the night I had sex with his brother. Marco doesn't deserve this." She repeatedly punched Paul's chest "Marco doesn't deserve this."