"Noah is my son..."

"We're not fools, Paul. Lisa is not Marco's daughter."

"What are you saying, dad?" Paul unconsciously stood up in surprise "Where did you get that idea?"

"The reason why you're asking for Lisa's protection from me is you know I'm more powerful than you." He remained calm despite the revelation he just dropped "I know all your business."

Paul looked at his mother "You know that Marco was murdered and yet you kept your mouth shut?"

"That is not the point here, Paul. Lisa is your daughter! You fooled all of us most importantly your brother." Ramon tried to defend himself "You and Adeline wronged your brother."

"No, dad. We're also talking about Marco's death here. You know all this that my brother was murdered and you just kept your mouth shut. Do you hate my brother to that extent? He did everthing you told him to do even though it was against his will. You know what? I'm glad that he made a stand for himself and for Adeline, I'm glad that you disowned him because if he didn't, he's under your stupid control like what I'm in right now. Even if you didn't disown him and he's still alive, he would still feel dead inside like what you're making me feel now. I feel like I have no control to my own fucking life because of you. Have you ever thought if I really want to run as the governor? Or have you ever thought about asking me what I really want? No, because you're a selfish selfcentered person who only wants to control everything and everyone around you. Remember this, though you disowned my brother, he experienced the real meaning of happiness and family that he won't ever get in this family."

"Paul, calm down..."

"Mom." Paul cut his mother off, he completely lost the last string of his patience "And leave Adeline alone, she has nothing to do with this, it was all my fault, I took advantage of her, she thought that I was my brother. This is all my fault. I admit, I hid everything but that's for Lisa's sake. She loves my brother so much, for her, Marco was her father and I don't want to break her again. She committed suicide because she lost Marco, can you blame me if I wanted to hide that secret forever?" Paul wilted in agony and took the seat near him, Christina was there to hold her husband's shoulders from behind "Please, don't tell her about this. I'm good at loving my daughter as my niece."

~~

"How many times do I have to tell you that you're still under a soft diet?!" Jennie frustratedly said

"Now you're mad at me." Lisa pouted "I'm sure Jisoo made those Japanese foods, she makes the best Japanese food."

Jennie got a headache explaining to her patient that the only thing she could eat is porridge. The patient kept on persisting to eat the Japanese food that Bum brought from her friends.

"I'm not mad. I just need you to understand that you still can't eat that kind of food. Now, open your mouth."

Lisa has no choice but to oblige, she opens her mouth and Jennie feeds her the beef porridge that Joy cooked for her.

"See? It's not not hard to listen and oblige." She now mocked because Lisa finally did the right thing to do "Finish this so that your doctor could discharge you sooner."

"Okay." She diverted her attention to Bum "Oppa, is she always like this? She's scarier than my mom."

Bum chuckled "You should get used to it, you're gonna deal with her for the rest of your life."

That made Lisa silence. Not because she doesn't like the idea but the opposite. Though Jennie and her already talked about their future, hearing and knowing that the people around them also believes in them is in another level of bliss.

A smile crept on her lips and she said "Gonna keep this scary lady." while looking straight to Jennie's eyes

Jennie playfully hit Lisa's arm "You two talked like I'm not here."

"And you're acting like you didn't like the idea." Bum said "Hurry up feeding her, you still have a big day tomorrow."

~~

"Why are you still here?"

The squad were waiting for Jennie in the parking lot of the arena where the basketball and volleyball games will be held.

"We're waiting for nurse Jennie." Jisoo answered, looking sexy in her cheerleading uniform along with Joy

"Mommy, you're super pretty in your uniform." Noah complemented his mother

Jennie took Noah from Jiho "You think mommy is the prettiest?"

"Of course, mommy. How's mommy Lisa?"

"She's fine now. She was sulking because she couldn't eat the Japanese food last night. She's still sleeping when I left." She looked at the two from head to toe "Why are you dressed like that?"

"We're gonna cheer for you." Joy waved her pom poms up "I'm Lisa's proxy for today."

"Don't humiliate us later, please." Nayeon jokingly begged "Is that the first sports tights that Lisa gave to you?"

"Yeah, one of you placed it inside my duffle bag."

"It was me, Lisa will kill us if we let Jennie's legs exposed." Jisoo said

"Mommy Lisa is possessive, mommy." Noah giggled "My Lisa is possessive." He repeated

Everyone laughed at Noah. The kid is indeed adorable in his own ways.

They proceeded inside the arena for the ceremony before the games started.

"Good luck, mommy." Noah kissed his mommy's cheeks "Auntie Jiho will record your game for mommy Lisa. Make her proud, mommy."

Jennie kissed her son's forehead before saying "Of course, I will. Kiss your aunts good luck too."

Noah kissed his aunts cheeks before they went separate ways.

~~

"Where is Jennie?"

"Oh, you're awake. It's their competition day, she left early." Bum stood from the sofa "Your mother called minutes ago, she'll be here in any minute."

"She should have woken me up, I haven't wished her good luck." Lisa sighed "Aren't you busy, oppa?"

"I'm hurt, I guess you don't want me around you." He chuckled "Jennie loves you, I just want to do my sister a favor. Just a way to make it up to her."

"Thank you. I appreciate you." Lisa sat up "How about my doctor? When will he do his rounds? I'm itching to go home."

"The nurse that checked you earlier said that your doctor will check you around 10am. You think they will allow you to go home to your house?" Bum questioned "I doubt."

"What are you saying?"

"What do you think is the reason why this happened to you? Someone wants to hurt you, Lisa. You think your mom and your uncle Paul will allow you to be unsafe in your house? Maybe they will but there will be men following every move you make." Bum said "That's why I'm thinking of bringing Jennie and Noah to my house while everything is still..."

"No." Lisa refused "You're not gonna take them away from me. Just this moment I'm not with them makes me insane inside. I don't care if they will watch every movement I make, what important is that they are with me."

"You can't understand, Lisa. Keeping them to you will only bring them closer to danger."

"You already said it yourself, my mom and my uncle Paul won't allow me to be unsafe. I'm willing to swallow my pride by accepting their protection just to keep them safe and close to me. Noah is my son now and most importantly we're family now."

~~

-Justine