Sketch and jar

Ms. Do clapped her hands together to catch her student's attention.

"Time is up. I've been observing your sketch and I picked our top three for today." She announced

Lisa put down her pencil and observed her work. She can't believe that she was the one who did that masterpiece. It was her first time to feel satisfied with her work.

'Will this make you happy?' She asked Jennie in her mind

Their teacher started to announce the top three; she wasn't expecting that Ms. Do will pick her work.

"...and our top 1 for today are Jennie and Lisa. The three pairs go here in front of the class and I want you to explain why you decided to sketch that for your partner."

Lisa didn't budge from her seat; she can't believe that for the first time she did an excellent job in their art class.

"Ms. Manoban, would you like to go here and show your work to your classmates?" Ms. Do encouraged her to go there

Jennie was already standing in front of the class along with the other students and Ms. Do.

Rose stood up from her seat and went to Lisa "This is not the time to play dumb, idiot." She scolded her friend and took the crutches from the floor "Stand now and I'll carry your canvas."

Lisa unconsciously obeyed her friend; she's still in a daze. Rose did the honor to hold Lisa's canvas in front of the class.

"They said that you suck in arts, how come Ms. Do picked us?" Jennie whispered to Lisa who is standing next to her

Ms. Do started to ask the other students to explain their work.

"Rumors aren't true sometimes." Lisa is finally back to her senses "Besides, I think Ms. Do judged how we connected not how beautiful and subtle our sketches are."

Jennie just nodded "Can I see your sketch?"

"Let me see yours first." Lisa teased

Jennie glared at her and turned her attention to her classmates who are explaining their work.

"I still can't believe that you did this, Lisa. Is this because of Irene's memories?" Rose whispered to her

"Maybe? Don't talk about Irene when Jennie is around, it's too early for her to know the truth." Lisa whispered back

"I decided to sketch this for Lisa because I saw the distress in her eyes." Jennie showed her sketch

Lisa looked at the canvas of Jennie; there she sketched a music room that is oddly familiar to her.

"When I saw her in the old music room, she was spacing out like she's thinking of something deeper." Jennie didn't tell the class what she really saw; that Lisa was crying "The old music room is kinda putrid already, I thought that it added to her distress vibe so I decided to draw a new music room for her: a new music room where she can be at ease, be relaxed and forget things for the meantime."

Lisa was listening to Jennie's explanation the whole time she's talking. Jennie is sending a different message to her, not just the thought of a putrid music room it's about finding or making a new environment for Lisa to find her peace and just like what Jennie said, to forget things in the meantime.

Rose flipped the canvas to reveal Lisa's sketch. Everyone gasped when they finally saw what Lisa sketched; her classmates were surprised to see how artistic the sketch was but Jennie has a different reason; she was surprised because...

Meanwhile, Lisa is just staring at her work because she doesn't know how she will explain it. She sketched that with Irene's memories and revealed that will confuse Jennie.

"Uh..." she trailed off "Well, she told me to look at her eyes to understand her or something like that..." Lisa looked at Jennie who is looking at her in confusion "Her eyes remind me of sunrise."

Lisa's sketch was the beach where Jennie and Irene used to go; in there the sun was about to rise from the horizon.

"Sunrise means new beginnings and new hope it somewhat connected with her sketch for me because she wants me to have a new environment, she wasn't only pertaining about a new music room for me; she also wanted to pertain that I need a new environment to have a fresh start."

Lisa justified her work but Jennie and she knows that the sketch has more meaning than what she has said to the class.

"If you are feeling sad, I want you to come here and remember our happy times." Irene was holding Jennie's hand while they are walking in the seashore

Irene woke Jennie up early in the morning to have a quick walk on the beach before they go back to Seoul.

"Are you really going to torment me with our memories here?" Jennie looked at the sunrise "That wasn't easy."

Irene squeezed the hand of her lover "It would be easy someday. Just think this way, this beach will be our meeting place, if you want to be with me just come here and I'll be here, just physically but my soul with being with you." She stopped from walking and Jennie also

"Can I give half of my life to you?" Jennie is now crying while looking at her girlfriend's face "I don't want you to die."

"I don't want to either but I'm dying. Everyone knows; especially you that I fought for my life but maybe this is already my fate." She held both her Jennie's hands while facing each other "I love you and I will continue to love you even in the afterlife."

Jennie can't control her tears anymore, her girlfriend is bidding her goodbye "I love you too, my love."

Irene fetched something from her pocket; it's a tiny jar necklace with sand and small rolled paper inside "I made that last night while you were sleeping, the sand is from this beach and this small rolled paper in my message for you; I want you to read this letter when you finally moved on and found a new love." She wore to necklace to Jennie's neck "I also want you to read that letter here with your new love."

Jennie was about to open her mouth but Irene pressed her lips to hers.

"No buts, okay? Remember that this place will be our meeting place."

~~

-Justine ❤️