"Let's get the revenge we want."

"I'm Doctor Oh, I'm the patient's attending doctor." Mr. Oh offered to shake hands to Adeline "I assume you're the mother?"

"Yes, doctor. How's my daughter?"

It's been hours since they brought Lisa back to her room. Around five in the morning, Paul announced that they need to go home with Joy. Jisoo had a hard time convincing Jennie to go to get some rest. It was only Tzuyu and Adeline who were left to look after Lisa. There were police guarding outside the room, afraid that the culprit might come back to finish his work.

"Based on the result of her CTscan, the patient has a mild traumatic brain injury or TBI. May I ask what happened to the patient?"

"We still have no clue, doctor."

"If that's the case, let me tell you that her head injury is not a joke. Based on my speculation, the patient might have been hit by a hard thing like a baseball bat or rock. The patient might experience headache, confusion, problems with concentration and fatigue."

Minutes after the doctor talked to Adeline, Jennie came with the rest of their friends and her son.

"Come here, Noah. Don't you want to see your mommy Lisa?" Adeline tried to get Noah from Jennie but the kid just tightened his hold to his mother

"I don't want to see mommy Lisa. I will just cry. Mommy was crying this morning. I don't want to cry, it makes mommy sad." He buried his face against the crook of Jennie's neck

"It's okay to cry, Noah. Mommy was crying because I am worried about mommy Lisa and that is because I love her. Sometimes, crying is okay if it shows how much you love that person." Jennie tried to explain to her son "I'm sure mommy Lisa misses you."

Noah looked up at her mother's face "Are you saying this for real truth? You won't be sad if I cry?" after he said that, his tears fell from his beautiful eyes "I feel sorry for mommy Lisa."

Everyone was moved by how the kid shows his love for his new mother.

"Come here, baby. Talk to mommy Lisa. She can hear us." Adeline now succeeded from getting Noah from Jennie then they sat on a monoblock next to Lisa's bed with Noah on Adeline's lap

"Hi, mommy Lisa." Noah said in his little voice "You need to wake up. You said that we'll make a cheer for mommy's game tomorrow."

~~

"We already checked and reviewed all the CCTV around the location of the crime and we found it." The police played the footage that night "The suspect parked his car two blocks from the cafe and waited for the victim to be alone at the parking lot."

"Rewind it." Paul ordered the officer "Pause it right there. Check the plate number and find the owner."

"We already did, sir but the car was reported missing just last week."

"Check all the routes that the bastard might have taken. Don't stop until you find who did that to my niece." Paul sighed "Call me if there is a new lead. I'll be off now."

He exited the police station with a defeated spirit. He's the governor and yet he couldn't do anything right to catch the suspect. He dialed the number of his last report "I need you to come out now."

"How about my children? Have you found them yet? Can you guarantee their safety?"

"Your children found me. They are under my protection. I'll call you again for the day of your return. Prepare yourself, this is a war." He ended the call after that, he looked up at the sky and murmured "Let the past fix the present."

He has no choice but to do the thing that will shake everyone's world. If doing that will bring peace and safety to his family so be it. Paul desperately wants to end the silent depravity of the mayor.

"We lost you just because of his selfishness." Paul placed the basket of flowers in front of his brother's tomb "He's targeting our daughter now." He crouched down and as he stared at Marco's name tears streamed down from his eyes "Forgive me, brother. I wronged you big time. I kept that secret for a long time and I didn't even get the chance to tell you the truth. Forgive me."

He stayed there beside his brother for more than a few hours before deciding to visit his daughter.

~~

"We'll go now, Jen. Make sure to eat on time, okay?"

Around three in the afternoon, everyone decided to home and get a proper rest since they will need it for tomorrow's event.

Jennie nodded her head "Yes, mom. I'll call if there is any update about Lisa."

"I want to stay with you, mommy." Noah was on the verge of crying while in Rose's arms "I don't want to leave you and mommy Lisa."

Jennie sighed "Noah, baby, mom needs to stay here to take care of mommy Lisa. You need to stay with your aunties just for tonight. You need to have a proper rest because you're going to cheer for me tomorrow." She explained though she's also having a hard time letting her son sleep without her beside him

"Okay. Mommy Lisa must be sad because she couldn't watch you tomorrow."

"How about I'll record mommy Jennie's play tomorrow?" Nayeon suggested "So that mommy Lisa can watch it."

"You're a genius, auntie." Noah giggled, "Auntie Nayeon is a genius mommy."

Tzuyu secretly snickered "Genius my ass."

But Jisoo heard what she said "Noah might hear you." She elbowed Tzuyu's side "Watch you words."

Jennie closed the door after her company left. Now she's alone with the girl she loves. The scenario seemed familiar to her. It brings her back to the time where Irene was the one who is on the hospital bed.

She sat on the chair next to Lisa's bed "You're not going to leave me too, right? You can't because our son will cry if you do. You need to wake up, I still have lots of things I want to tell you. It's unfair that I learned about your life like an open book but the things you know about me is only the present." She held Lisa's hand "I'll tell you the secret of my family and it somehow connects to yours. We don't know if my mom is still alive or dead, Lisa. She disappeard and your family has something to do with. I wanted revenge but when you opened your life to me and learned that Paul is not the person I expected him to be... and how I learned to love every detail about you I forgot about it. I'm ready to move on but this time I want you to hold my hand while moving forward."

"You want revenge? Then help me." Paul entered the room "Let's get the revenge we want."

~~

-Justine