Part of me

"Jennie, where is Jennie?"

It was her mother who came closer to her "Honey, you're awake."

Yuqi came to her too "I thought you will never wake up again. Thank God for giving you a second life.

She then remembered the events before her suicide attempt. The image of Yuqi and Jungkook is still clear as a crystal to her mind but she doesn't care anymore, the only thing that is important to her is to find Jennie.

"Where is Jennie, mom?"

"Who is Jennie? Lisa, are you okay?" Her mother asked

Jisoo and Rose went to her side "You already gone crazy, Lalisa. Your girlfriend is right in front of you and you're looking for another girl."

"She's not my girlfriend anymore." She avoided everyone's eyes "I saw her and my brother kissing."

Adeline was surprised by what she just heard from her daughter "Lisa, this is not a good time to play."

Yuqi's face turned pale, she wasn't aware that Lisa already knew their secret.

"Maybe the accident has something..."

"I know what I am saying, Yuqi." Lisa cut her off

She should feel pain right now because she's finally breaking up with her three-year girlfriend but she can't feel anything as if she already predicted that it will happen.

"Lisa, what are you saying? That is not true; Jungkook and I are just friends." Yuqi tried to deny it

"Stop spitting lies to our face, Yuqi. I saw the night I crash my car, you were in my brother's room, making out with him."

"Are you saying that you tried to..."

"I tried to kill myself, mom. I wanted to end the pain. Dad just died then I found out that my own brother snaked my girlfriend. I'm sorry for wanting to die." Lisa cried "Forgive me, mom."

A person walked inside the room, it was her brother who is delighted to see his only sibling awake and very much alive.

"Lisa, you're alive."

"I don't want to see your face." Lisa asked Jisoo to help her to sit up "I already know what you were doing behind my back. You were fucking my girlfriend, am I correct, brother?"

Jungkook looked at Yuqi "You told her?"

Yuqi is now sobbing with tears, she can't utter a word, and they are so fucked up.

"It's true! Jungkook, you're playing around with your sister's girlfriend?"

The people around her started to shout; she felt pain in her head and it made her vision spin and blur. She tried to call her mom but nothing came out of her mouth.

~~

"Where am I?"

She tried to understand her surrounding then she learned that she's in a cemetery. She's dreaming again but the stranger is not with her this time.

Not far from her where is she standing, a girl is sitting in front of a tomb. The girl's shoulders are shaking.

"Is she crying? Maybe, someone, she loves died." Her feet brought her to the girl and when she's already in front of the girl, she recognized her "Jennie."

"Irene Bae." She read the name written on the tomb "Why are you crying over that person, Jennie?"

She felt strange things about the name written on the tomb. She sat in front of Jennie, watching her crying her heart out; her heart stings for every drop of tears from Jennie's feline eyes.

"Don't cry, love. I am here I won't leave you again." She unconsciously said

"The night our souls met, we became one."

She now understands; she now remembered the soul talked to her, it was Irene.

"Irene and I are one."

"No, I just gave what is mine." Irene is sitting next to her "It's not our soul who became one, I just gave a part of me, you can't be me, and I can't be you either."

"Enlighten me, I can't understand."

"I know you're here, love."

"It's not our souls who became one; it's our memories. That's what I gave to you. Think of it, how did you know Jennie's name?"

Lisa can't find the answer.

"Does it mean that I will remember your past life?"

"You got it, some memories need to trigger for you to remember them." Irene stood up "I'll guide you for thirty-five days; if you want to talk to me you just have to dream because dreams can be real."

~~

Lisa opened her eyes for the second time the day, her friends are still in her room but her mother is nowhere to be found. Rose and Jisoo are sleeping on the couch near her bed. She's grateful that she found herself, true friends, to them.

"Water." Her throat felt like a desert

Rose was the one who heard her sore voice "Lalisa, I'll be back."

She woke up Jisoo first before getting a cup of water for her friends. They still can't believe that their friend who is always joyous will commit such things as suicide, never in their lives that they thought Lisa is capable of doing that.

"How are you feeling? You blocked out again." Jisoo took a chair and sat next to her friend's bed "What is happening, Lisa? Why are looking for that girl? Why didn't you tell us about Yuqi and Jungkook?"

Jisoo helped her to sit up, she had a hard time but she needs to because her back is aching from lying down for too long.

Rose gave Lisa a cup of water which she drank carefully. Her throat felt relieved thanks to Rose and the water she gave.

"I'm sorry for making you worry about me. It was a selfish action." She's having a second thought telling them about Irene and Jennie

Irene... She can remember the girl's name but she can't remember where and when she met that girl. How could that even be possible?

"And the girl you were looking for?" Rose asked

"She's..." Then she decided to tell her friends "Will you believe me if I say that someone or something possesses me? Like..."

"Like a ghost, demon or what? Those mystical creatures aren't true, Lisa. Maybe it has something to do with your head injury." Jisoo said

Lisa knew that her friends wouldn't easily believe but she has to try.

She closed her eyes and remembered the scene in the hospital room.

"Did someone die five days ago? The same day I tried to kill... myself?" She still can't forgive herself for doing that

"Are referring to the patient next to your room? When they are transferring you here, the nurses are taking out a lifeless body of a girl, like about our age." Jisoo asked "How can you know about that? You were sleeping that time."

"Do you know what the name of the patient is?" Lisa is sure that was Irene

"I think I heard it from the woman from the same room..." Rose tried to remember

"Jennie, can you be in charge of Irene's funeral? I think I can't function for now."

"The name of the patient was Irene, right? That was her name." Lisa said before Rose can say it

Jisoo and Rose looked at their friends with wide eyes. They can't believe that Lisa is saying the truth.

"Don't tell me she's the..."

"It's not our souls who became one; it's our memories." Lisa remembered Irene's words but she can't remember when and where

"She gave her memories to me... part of me is Irene."

~~

-Justine