Old but new

"This is Irene's house?" Lisa whispered to herself

"What did you just say?" Jennie asked while opening the gate for them

"It was nothing." She laughed nervously "So, you have a girlfriend?"

"I had a girlfriend." Jennie clarified "She died the day you tried to kill yourself."

They walked towards the front door while Jennie is jingling the keys.

"I'm sorry about that." Lisa said "I didn't know."

'Liar.'

"It's alright, it's been a month; a rough month for a girl who is trying to move on from her deceased girlfriend." She inserted the key to it's rightful place and twisted it "Don't try to kill yourself again because there are bunch of people out there around the globe fighting for their life everyday."

"I appreciate that, it was really a stupid idea to end my life, I just came to the point where I thought there's no more hope for me." Lisa glanced around the house "This house has a vibe."

Lisa feels like she's been there but she is also sure that it's her first time in that house.

'Weird.'

"Vibe?"

"The old but new vibes." She clarified

"Old but new? Can you please enlighten me?"

Everything is covered with white blanket; the furnitures, paintings and etc.

"Old because it's made with wood but interior design is wow, you know what I mean?" Lisa ran out of adjective to describe the house "You lived here also?"

"Yes, just few months after we discovered that she had a brain tumor." A single tear fell from Jennie's eyes "Irene also came to the point where she thought that there is no hope for her but I stayed by her side and..."

"Gave her reasons to fight." Lisa finished Jennie's sentence "That's the only difference between us, she had you and I had no one."

"You have a point." Jennie sighed "Let's tour around?"

Lisa shook her head "Just bring me to the music room, I wanna see it."

Jennie lead the way to the music room, all the memories she had with Irene is starting to taunt her mind.

'You can do this, Jen. You'll surpass this.'

"Do you play any instrument?"

"I don't but I want to learn." Lisa approached the grand piano that is covered in a white blanket "Is this Irene's?"

"Isn't it weird that you wanted a music room but you don't play any instrument? And yes, that's the favorite instrument of Irene among all the instruments she can play."

"I'll take care of this house just like how Irene did." Lisa said with full of sincerity then smiled sweetly

~~

"Paul, I told you that Lisa is not here."

"Give me my niece, Adeline. My brother is not here to take care of her, if my daughter didn't tell me that she tried to kill herself we wouldn't know about it." Paul tried to look for her niece around the Manoban's house

"Uncle, mom already told you that..."

"I'm not talking to you and don't call me uncle because you're not my brother's son." Paul said to Jungkook "I'm taking Lisa with me."

"Lisa is not going with you, Paul. She's my daughter and I have the every right to..."

"Really? The last time that my niece call me she  was upset about you not being a mother to her." He went back to the living room and sat on the sofa "I'll wait for Lisa and let her decided where she wants to live."

"You're trespassing, sir. I will call the subdivision's guards now." Jungkook was about to call the security

Paul laughed at Jungkook's statement "Me? Trespassing on my brother's house? Kid, you are not Marco's son so you are the one who is trespassing here, this is my brother's house."

Adeline held Jungkook's forearm "It's okay. We'll wait for your sister."

Jungkook walked out from the living room and slammed the door of his room; leaving Adeline and Paul.

"This is the life that my brother chose over everything." Paul glanced around the plain average house "He was really a simple man."

"He was happy with the little things we have." Adeline said "He was happy with our kids."

"With your kid, Adeline. You know, until now I can't understand why my brother forsaken us for you, I mean no offense, okay? He was in love with you but you're already pregnant that time with that boy." Paul sighed "Oh, you said he was happy? Did my brother tell you about how sad he was? He was always like 'My wife is better than me.' And 'I feel like I'm useless.' Maybe he was happy as a father but how about being a husband and a man?"

"That was our decision, he agreed that he will take care of the kids while I work and you have no right to question this family when your own family disowned my husband." Adeline is starting to lose her patience to her brother-in-law

"You have a point there, we never liked you for him and you can't blame us for that, my brother died while you're away for your beloved work." He placed his right leg above the left and leaned his back against the backrest of the sofa "Marco only agreed to your decision because of your illegitimate child, aren't you wondering where did Marco get the money to pay for the hospital bill? He fucking kneeled in front of our father just to save that boy!" Paul slapped the truth to Adeline's face

"What is happening here?" Lisa asked who is standing by the door with Jennie beside her

Paul stood up "Lisa, come here and I want to discuss some matters with you. You got yourself a gorgeous girlfriend."

The two looked at each other in wide eyes.

"No, uncle, she's not my girlfriend...yet." Lisa whispered the last word she said "Come, I'll introduce you to them."

Lisa kissed her uncle and mom's cheek "This is Jennie, she's my friend from school and she helped me to find a house for to move in. Jen, this is my mom."

Jennie shook hands with Adeline.

"And this is my uncle Paul, he's my dad's brother." Lisa finished the introduction

"Nice meeting you, Jen. I hope you will make my niece happy." Paul winked at Jennie while the latter just laughed sweetly

Jennie told to Lisa that she should go because it's a family matter but Adeline said that she should stay for the dinner which Jennie can't decline.

Lisa and Jennie sat next to Adeline while Paul sat back to his seat.

"It's getting late so I'll go straight to the point, I want to live with us, Lisa. Your grandparents are waiting for you."

She looked at her mother "Is that what you were fighting about earlier?"

Adeline just nodded and another lie is made.

"Uncle, it was really sweet that you want me now to your family and I can't. I'm planning to move out and I finally found the perfect house for me. I know that your intentions are good but I don't want to live in a house where my dad used to live. I want a fresh start, give that to me."

While Lisa is speaking, Jennie was looking at her and she was the determination in Lisa's eyes.

'At least she wants a sun rise to her life.'

"I respect that." Paul nodded "Marco is right, you're really like him, you will do what you wanted." He took something from his pocket "I took your car from the dumpster, it's all new now and cooler than before." He tossed the keys to Lisa which the latter caught

"I thought you're billionaires? Why don't you just buy my sister a new expensive car?" Jungkook walked out from his room

"Kookie, this is none of your business." Lisa scolded her brother

Paul stood up, fixed his necktie and smirked  "Trust me, kid. We can buy Lisa a car more expensive than yours but sentimental value is more valuable than money."

~~

-Justine ❤️