Chapter 4

Lol ok so I made a mistake last chapter. Arcee didn't bring Jack home the first time they met, but whatever. I didn't expect this to exactly mimic the show. Anyway, I hope you enjoy, lovelies, and stay safe <3

ALSO Megatron FINALLY comes in this episode, AND I'm uploading every Friday and Sunday now!!! Next upload will be the tenth this time.

Please enjoy <3 this is a long one.

~*~*~*

      (Y/n) had been lost in thought all day. She couldn't focus in school and barely registered anything she had to do. Luckily, it seemed Jack was in his head too, and Miko was too much of an air head to notice her lack of response. Currently however, she was on the Nemesis, sword strapped tight to her. (Y/n) was trying to focus on the main control again, trying to make sense of the Cybertronian, when a new screen popped up.

      "Starscream, correct me if I'm wrong, but that says 'transmission signal', right?" The girl gained the attention of Starscream, who had sauntered over.

      His optics widened, and without answering (Y/n), he turned to a Vehicon. "You there! Fetch Soundwave, pronto!"

      The Vehicon charged off with a "Yes, sir." (Y/n) tried to make sense of the transmission signals, noting that they were very far away from Earth's orbit. Almost glaring at it, (Y/n)'s head began to hurt the longer she stared. Huffing in frustration, she turned away from the screen and rubbed at her temples. Starscream noticed the girl's displeasure, and thought it wise to comment on it.

      "What's got you all bummed out?" Starscream rumbled.

      "Nothing, just school stuff." (Y/n) still had no idea whether or not she'd tell Starscream about Jack and Arcee.

      "Aw, did they work your tiny, primitive brain?" He teased.

      "Would such a primitive brain be able to work your language?" (Y/n) batted her eyelashes up at him, jabbing right back, with just a hint of annoyance.

      "We haven't conducted the right data to see if more humans could begin to understand." Starscream flitted his wings proudly.

      "Twitch your wings all you want, Star, I'm not in the mood for your verbal jaunts."

      "Fine, you want to be in a twist, so be it." Starscream turned back to the screen, the two of them now waiting (in much needed) silence for Soundwave.

      How would I even go about telling Starscream? She thought. Should I even tell him?

      (Y/n) glanced up at the normally shrill mech, watching for any emotion to cross his faceplate and discompose his focused stature. She quickly looked away in fear that he'd catch her gaze. A feeling of ennui clawed at her stomach, a feeling she was painfully familiar with. But, as if he sensed (Y/n)'s discomfort, Soundwave walked in.

      Nudging Starscream, she nodded to Soundwave. Starscream turned and saw the bot, then turned back to the center. "Those transmissions are emanating from deep space. I would hate to waste the energon...unless you are absolutely certain."

      Soundwave nodded. (Y/n) looked between the two in confusion. "Certain of what?"

      Soundwave turned to her slowly, then words began to appear on his visor. You'll see. (Y/n) shuddered, goosebumps appearing on her flesh. Anything from space could not be good. But then, she thought. They are from space.

      Starscream sighed, then turned to a Vehicon. "Then lock on transmission coordinates, and activate the spacebridge."

      Deciding to put her trust in Soundwave and Starscream, she turned back to the transmissions. Disguising it as crossing her arms, she hugged herself, trying to feel some semblance of comfort in her uneasiness. (Y/n) knew Soundwave would keep her safe, she just hoped Starscream wouldn't do anything to put her in a position where she needed saving.