Chapter 8

Apologies for getting this chapter out later than usual! A bunch of unprecedented stuff happened over the past few days and I was just too exhausted last night to finish it. Anyway, reader stutters in this chapter because I randomly got thrown into a memory from two days ago while I was in the hospital. Basically I stuttered really hard to one of the people from registration lmao. Don't worry, I was only in the hospital for 6 hours (waiting) and I've been home since, taking good care of myself. My situation is easily reversible.

Warnings: Zombies, death, violence in general

Thank you so much lovelies, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

Edit 1/23/21: Do you guys want a little sneak peek in my transformers oneshots book? I can possibly manage to pull something in from a future chapter and show it without any spoilers.

~*~*~*

      (Y/n) watched as piles of zombiecons hung onto Optimus and the other mech. Her jaw clenched, uneasiness and pity taking hold in her stomach whilst watching them. (Y/n) didn't dare allow those emotions to play on her face though, she didn't want to fail Megatron's test. It wasn't just her reputation on the line, it was Soundwave's and Starscreams. They both allowed her on the Nemesis in Megatron's absence, and if she failed, their reputations would possibly be tarnished. Megatron chuckled

      "(Y/n). Do you wish to rescue them?" Megatron spoke, voice coming out like silk.

      What did she say? On one hand, she wanted to rescue them because it was the good thing to do, even if they were the enemy. On the other, Optimus and whoever the other mech was had aided in killing her leaders' planet. (Y/n)'s eyes hardened, and soon she spoke.

      "No."

      Megatron grinned, sharp teeth showing. The bit of hesitance he would let go for this moment, but if she hesitated again he would not be so easy. Soundwave had pleased Megatron again for choosing a human that would aid them, he only needed to know what he had said to her. If she were Cybertronian, he thought. We might have an even bigger advantage.

      Megatron observed her stance. The sword was strapped to her left side, one human servo resting on the hilt. The other was lazily wrapped across her tank resting on her forearm. Her left pede (he didn't know human anatomy, he should ask her that) obviously held most of her weight, firmly planted on the rock she stood on, while her right pede was further back with less weight on it. It wasn't the best stance, but with a little bit of practice, Megatron could make her the deadliest human known to Cybertronian kind.

      (Y/n) watched as Optimus sprung free from the pile of zombiecons, eyes widening at his newfound strength and brutality towards the dead. Optimus then went over and shoved the zombiecons off of the lapdog, slamming the last two together.

      "After all these years, Optimus...still at the top of your game!" Megatron grinned.

      Optimus and the other mech only stared at him, before rushing towards the rock again.

      "Megatron? What do we do if they come up here?" More like what will I do? (Y/n) thought.

      "Well we cannot let them capture you. After all, you're doing well on your first test." Megatron remarked.

      "Thank- I- Sorry, I- Thank- um, thank you." (Y/n) stuttered.

      Megatron only glanced down at her but said nothing. Optimus and the lapdog continued to slice and shoot their way through the crowd, inevitably coming closer to where (Y/n) and Megatron stood. Another breeze ran through the terrain, this time colder. Or, as cold as Nevada winds could be. (Y/n) pressed her side slightly into Megatron's pede, making him look down at her.

      (Y/n) thought the metal would be cooler and she'd jump away, but the metal was...warm. It was unnatural and (Y/n) didn't like it, but it was her only source of warmth as the breeze continued. Megatron wanted to tell her to get off, but he saw how she shivered slightly. Plus, being nice to her would only solidify her place, and Megatron needed a student that wasn't Starscream. So, with seemingly no other options, he turned back to the two mech's racing toward them and watched.

~*~*~*

      Optimus and the second mech continued to destroy the zombiecons, stopping at the foot of the rock Megatron and (Y/n) were perched on. Megatron spoke, leaving (Y/n) to continue to be silent.

      "Bravo, Optimus! Though, this is but a prelude. You may wish to save your strength for the main event!" Megatron grinned once more.

      (Y/n) felt a swell of pride bloom in her chest at her leaders' words, goosebumps accompanying the sensation. For a moment, a smile graced her features. Then, it once again disappeared at the thought of Optimus going back and telling Jack and Miko everything. Glancing up at Megatron, she decided to turn away from the mechs below.

      The rock began to rumble, and (Y/n) didn't want to know why. Her heart dropped to her stomach, as she heard Optimus' baritone voice coming closer. "You will not prevail, Megatron. Not while energon still flows through my vital cords."

      Optimus was right there. (Y/n) fully turned her head away, moving her body so Optimus couldn't see her face or sword. He would undoubtedly report what she was wearing back to his base, though. "Fitting," Megatron kneeled down. "for it is dark energon which flows through mine."

      Optimus lunged forward and Megatron grabbed (Y/n), jumping backwards in the air and transforming around her, flying off. (Y/n) sat tense in the singular seat, eyes wide and heart racing. Optimus had almost seen her, and if he had, then what? Jack and June would surely kick (Y/n) out, would Megatron let her stay on the ship? If Optimus hadn't seen her, would she have to take more precautions?

      Turning to stare out the window, (Y/n) noted all the bodies that lay strewn in the canyon. Megatron was flying back to the Nemesis, no doubt. Trying not to act like a stranger, even though they'd just met that day, (Y/n) spoke up.

      "So...how did I do for my first test?"

      "You did well, I was pleased. Your next test will be an evaluation of your skills. However, before that test I will need to show you the proper skills you must work on." Megatron informed her.

      "Skills?" (Y/n) quirked a brow at Megatron's controls.

      "Yes. That sword is merely not for show, is it?"

      "Oh, uh, no. It hasn't been sharpened, however. Are you going to train me to fight the Autobots? Because, incase you haven't noticed I'm a little too...small."

      "Then we shall find a way to turn you into the size of a Cybertronian." Megatron rasped, smile evident in his tone.

      "I'm not sure that's even possible." (Y/n) put a hand on her chin in thought.

      "Maybe not for your primitive technology, but for us," Megatron neared the Nemesis, it appeared he had kicked it into high gear in a rush. "anything is possible."