Chapter 34

Yo! So sorry this took forever. Not only was work in the way, but my beloved hamster sadly passed away earlier this week, and I've been dealing with the grief. Now, my computer is (probably) breaking. I have a Surface Pro 3, and I've had it since 2017, so about four years now. My computer sometimes will not recognize my keyboard and I'll have to restart my computer, and it'll just shut off completely if its not on the charging dock; even if it's fully charged.

So yeah, looking forward to getting a new computer.

Another thing - I have two names picked out for season two of TTE. Do you guys like 'Him and I' or 'Vulnerable' better? Whichever name not picked for season two will be used for season three.

Warnings: violence

To the Edge updates every Friday and Sunday. I think the next sequels will do the same thing.

Thank you so much lovelies, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

Last time on To the Edge

      "No." (Y/n) sniffed, wiping her tears away with her forearm. "I'm scared. I don't want you to...to..."

      "I know. I know." Megatron held her close.

      "But you don't..." (Y/n) whispered.

      "Shh." Megatron cut her off. "I love you."

      (Y/n) stopped, tensing up. The last time someone told her they loved her was her parents, before they turned on her. Deciding it was okay in this one fragile moment, she relaxed. "I love you too."

Now

      Rayne felt anxious at Prime's quick departure. She was listening to Optimus over the comms, but wasn't actually taking in what he was saying. Something about the terrain, ores, and Unicron. Rayne just wanted Optimus to come back already. Spacing out while thinking about Optimus coming back home, Rayne must've been lost for some time. When she snapped back to reality, someone else was talking through the comms.

      "Unicron is power incarnate! And you, the last of the Primes, shall perish!"

      "I take that as a yes." Ratchet mumbled. "We are on our-"

      "Negative!" Optimus spoke. "Unicron cannot be defeated by sheer force. He wants me, Ratchet. This fight must be mine alone."

      The sound of fighting was abruptly cut off, and Rayne could feel herself growing ever more anxious for Optimus. Growling after a moment, Rayne clutched the blaster Ratchet gave her and moved to the groundbridge handle. "I don't care - I'm going after him!"

      "Count me in!" Arcee exclaimed.

      "You're not leaving without me." Bulkhead nodded.

      "If you're going, I'm going." Bumblebee whirred, pointing to Rayne and then himself.

      Rayne glanced at Ratchet, and after a moment, the medic nodded. Rayne punched in the coordinates, turned the lever, and surged into the groundbridge when it opened; Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee close behind.

      Bursting out, Rayne saw tons of rock formations of one Cybertronian. She guessed this was Unicron. Sprinting to the end of a rock, Rayne jumped and shot one below her, watching as the rocks broke and fell to the ground; and she landed on another, shooting it on top of its helm. Rayne saw a few on Optimus, filling her with rage as she ran forward and drop kicked the thing away from Optimus. Bulkhead took care of the others, and Optimus was allowed room to get up.