Chapter 10

Mmmm plot development

Y'all are gonna hate me lol

Also, thank you so much for 300 reads and 50 votes!! You guys are amazing, thank you!!!

Also I'm having Jack wield the axe instead of Miko, for angst purposes

Warnings: Blood, mentions of past violence, implied violence, and violence

Thank you lovelies, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      (Y/n) dragged herself out of bed, but only after both June and Jack had left. She couldn't remember much of the night before, and she had a feeling she didn't want to remember. Tugging on her stuff, she reminded herself that something was supposed to happen today. (Y/n) remember what, as she tuned out whatever Starscream had said last night.

      Starscream... (Y/n) winced. The scene played out in her mind again, making her squeeze her eyes shut in pain. Sighing and standing, she made her way to the garage and left on her bike. Making her way back to the same spot behind the boulder she frequented, she made sure to steer clear of KO burger. Jack would be working today, just like June.

      Getting back to the spot, (Y/n) stared for a while into the groundbridge. Did she want to go back and risk seeing Starscream getting beaten again? Or do I want to risk both his and Soundwave's reputations by not showing up today?

      Shaking her head, she walked through the portal until she came out on the other side on the Nemesis. There, Soundwave stood in front of her, her German Executioner sword in his servo. Leaning down, the silent mech picked her up and offered her the sword. (Y/n) stood and strapped it on to her person, allowing Soundwave to then safely put her on his shoulder plating. Neither one of them spoke on the way to the control room, no doubt.

      Upon entering, Starscream and Megatron stood next to each other, Starscream looking almost miniscule compared to the behemoth that Megatron is. They both were in hushed conversation, and (Y/n)'s hairs raised, feeling as if she shouldn't be there. However, Soundwave moved forward anyway. Megatron turned at the sound of pede steps approaching them, only to see the duo. Megatron grinned.

      "(Y/n), just the officer I wanted to see. Soundwave." Megatron nodded to Soundwave.

      (Y/n) resisted the urge to shrink back under his gaze, Starscream looked better if not mischievous, and Soundwave nodded back to Megatron. At least (Y/n) could relax about Starscream. Megatron beckoned Soundwave closer while the mechs huddled together. (Y/n) resisted the urge to push herself into Soundwave's neck cables like a child. Swallowing her fear, she solidified her stare and listened to what Megatron had to say.

      "Today I bring my army from Cybertron. Luckily, the spacebridge is ready to transport such a force. No doubt Optimus will pick up its signal and figure out a way to get there. Soundwave, I need you to locate power dishes on Earth powerful enough to pinpoint Cybertron. Starscream and (Y/n), you both will be in charge of sending Vehicons out while we dock in space." Megatron ordered.

      "Yes, my Lord." Starscream grinned while Soundwave immediately set to work in his navigational systems, various places flashing on his visor. (Y/n) paused.

      "Woah wait, space? In case you have an astronaut suit or something similar lying around, I can't be in space. Humans need to breathe oxygen, and without it I will die." (Y/n) stood on Soundwave's shoulder plating, looking up at Megatron.

      "Unfortunately, that is the truth, Lord Megatron." Starscream nodded.

      "And you didn't tell me, why?! That sets my plans even further back!" Megatron yelled at Starscream.

      "Lord Megatron!" (Y/n) made an attempt to save Starscream another beating, and it seemed to work as his optics landed on her vastly tiny form. "If I may, I could go with Soundwave and make sure the Autobots don't try to hack into it."

      Megatron cast a quick glance at Soundwave, then nodded to (Y/n). (Y/n) let out a silent sigh in relief when Megatron's back struts were turned. Soundwave finally found the right place and opened a groundbridge. Before he stepped through, Megatron called to the human girl once again.

      "You know how to use that sword, do you?"

      (Y/n) nodded, smirking and patting the hilt. "I know plenty, Lord Megatron."

      Megatron gave an approving nod and Soundwave finally stepped into the groundbridge. On the other side, an array of satellite dishes appeared in front of them. "Noodle, I'm gonna be honest, I have no clue what I'm doing."

      Soundwave's shoulder plating shook slightly, indicating his silent chuckle. He plucked (Y/n) from his shoulder plating and placed her on the floor. Kneeling, words appeared on his visor. Can you take out the security here?

      "I can try. Feel free to help if I'm getting beat to a pulp, however." (Y/n) joked, walking through the field of satellite dishes towards the rather small building.

~*~*~*

      Soundwave currently was locking on to Cybertrons coordinates, (Y/n) content with standing next to him. Her aching and bruised calves begged her to sit down, but her adrenaline dulled the pain slightly. (Y/n) looked at her hands, knuckles bloodied and bruised and stinging from the air. The bruise on her cheek and over her eye were painful reminders of who she used to be.

      Back at home, (Y/n) would fight constantly. Whether it be her schoolmates, or her parents, her knuckles were worn. And they had just begun to heal, too.

      Sighing, she stopped at the sound of something beeping on the monitor Soundwave was connected to. "Noodle? Whats going on?"

      'ERROR' flashed over his visor multiple times, and then another screen popped up. Soundwave was tracking another coordinate. (Y/n)'s bloodied hand tightened over her sword hilt again. She would have to thoroughly clean the blade before she went home to make sure it didn't rust. Soundwave looked down at her with the coordinates, before an arrow appeared on his visor, pointing to the door behind them.

      Nodding, (Y/n) left the room as silently as she could, creeping down the hall. Perking up at the sound of loud clacking, (Y/n) made her way to the room it was coming from as quick as she could without making noise. Slowly opening the door, she froze. Jack and Miko stood on either side of a young boy (Y/n) had never seen. Gulping, her predicament came back. Glancing around, (Y/n) saw an axe on the wall. If she could somehow bury that instead of her sword in the monitor and get out, everything would be fine.

      However, the universe hated her. "(Y/n)?" Miko said as she turned around.

      Jack turned around too, but the young boy remained glued to the monitor. (Y/n) gulped and glanced between the two teens. What should she do? If she didn't do something soon, Soundwave would lose connection and the Autobots would prevail. She couldn't let that happen.

      Narrowing her eyes, (Y/n) shot forward in a roll, moving Raf out of the way and raising her sword to dig it into the monitor. The axe from before knocked it out of her hands. Turning her head, she saw Jack holding it.

      "What are you doing?!" Jack yelled.

      "What I have to." (Y/n) growled and tackled him. "I'm sorry, brother."

      Jack struggled against her grip, not noticing Miko coming up behind her with the axe in her hands. Before Miko could swing the axe down, one of Soundwave's noodles had wrapped around it, ripping it away from the teens grasp. Miko, without a heavy force to throw down, lost her balance and fell on (Y/n)'s back.

      Looking behind her, (Y/n) saw the noodle slam the axe into the monitor before beckoning (Y/n) to follow it. Nodding, (Y/n) threw Miko off of her and raced towards her sword, grabbing it and stopping at the door. Turning to look back at Jack, she could see the confusion, hurt, and anger in his eyes.

      "I wont be coming home, Jack. Tell June thank you for everything she's done for me, but I think I finally have to leave." (Y/n) didn't wait for an answer before following after Soundwave's noodle.