Chapter 18

Today is going to be a half Rayne, half (Y/n) chapter. Rayne is going to further one of her two ships I've proposed. Also I'm skipping over episode 12. THIS IS ALSO A BIG BIG CHAPTER!!

Also also, sorry this is so late! I had a baby to watch (no, it's not mine ksjhdj) and I had a thought: wouldn't the Decepticons be a little bit more species-ist to reader?? Not just Knockout?? So yeah.

Warnings: Cussing, Starscream being species-ist to reader

To the Edge updates every Friday and Sunday.

Thank you so so so much lovelies for 900+ reads!!!!! You guys seriously are so awesome and I'm glad so many of you love this story!!!!!!! Please, stay safe, and enjoy this chapter!!

~*~*~*

      "Optimus you're not going to believe this," Ratchet announced, gaining the attention of everyone else in base. "I've just pinpointed the location of the Decepticon warship."

      "How did you penetrate their cloaking technology?" Optimus asked, Rayne glancing between the two.

      "I didn't. I was experimenting with variable frequency wavelengths when I stumbled upon it. Even so, their ship must be experiencing some kind of electro-magnetic breach." Ratchet turned to Optimus, slightly surprised to see everyone else there.

      Maybe I could finally get (Y/n) today - then we could be out of this mess, Rayne thought.

      "With Megatron deceased, and the element of surprise?" Arcee suggested.

      "We could cause some serious damage." Bulkhead caught on.

      "Also on the same frequency, and Autobot emergency beacon." Ratchet announced.

      Rayne looked to Optimus. "The Decepticons can wait - there may be Autobots in distress. Ratchet, bring your medical kit."

      Rayne shuddered at his baritone voice. She figured she'd never get used to how deep his voice was.

~*~*~*

      Another thing Rayne would never get used to, was seeing Optimus sick. The Autobot ship turned out to be a plague ship - containing some old virus that ran at the same time as the war. She was on a higher platform with the three, overlooking the bots. Ratchet, who was pushing a medical radial towards Optimus, finally pulled away to see the results.

      "Cybonic plague," Ratchet sighed. "It's only contagious if contact is made with the infected energon."

      Rayne would have laughed if Optimus wasn't suffering in front of her. "What was a plague doing in an Autobot spaceship?"

      Arcee looked up. "It's passengers were infected. The virus wiped out millions on Cybertron during the Great War."

      "Cybonic plague was engineered in the Decepticons Biological Warfare Program.  By Megatron himself." Ratchet briefly explained.

      "You...you have a cure, don't you?" Raf asked, his head barely reaching the top bar of the platform they were on.

      Optimus groaned, everyone shooting their gaze to him. Optimus looked over at the humans, groaning some more. "No...cure."

      "Optimus please...save your strength." Ratchet reassured.

      Jack looked between Rayne and Optimus, and decided to pipe up. "Would Megatron make a disease without a cure?" He then nudged Rayne. "I mean, what if he caught it by accident?"