Chapter 30

WOah, me posting on a MONDAY???? Unheard of. Anyway- lol, I wanted to post this to make up for all the days I didn't post. I'm in the last quarter of my school year, and I'm hoping to finish this book off this week as a celebration! Don't worry, I'll post sequels. After all, we have two more seasons to get through, and a movie (I'm re-writing the movie a little though, cause it's pretty bad) ;)

And yeah, we are getting super close to the end of season one. This chapter is in episode twenty-one, and there are twenty-six episodes in the first season. ALSO KSHJDS WE MADE IT TO CHAPTER THIRTY

Warnings: PTSD nightmare, severe physical abuse, mentions of severe physical abuse, offensive cussing (there are no slurs, though), Knockout with a needle

To the Edge updates every Friday and Sunday, and sometimes during the week because I failed lmfao (joke)

Thank you so much lovelies, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter!! :)

~*~*~*

      (Y/n)'s father took the crowbar in his hand and beat (Y/n) across the face with it. He had a crowbar to lift the floorboards up in her room, looking for his knife that she hid. He wasn't right in the head - he would cut her aimlessly, sometimes carve horrible, harsh words into her body.

      (Y/n) cried as she hit the ground, feeling her face grow numb where he'd hit her. Her body felt weaker and smaller than it had before. Her father imitated her crying, slamming his foot on her back. (Y/n) didn't feel that much pain like she did on her face, but it was enough to make her cry out again. Tears streamed down her face, but this was better than being cut.

      "Tell me where the fuck it is, bitch!"  Her father yelled. (Y/n) didn't answer.

      Her father brought the crowbar down on her back, earning a loud cry from (Y/n).

      "I'll beat you till you're fucking dead if it finds me my knife! Just wait until your fucking mother comes home!"

      Her parents weren't always like this. There was a time when they loved her, until they met Rayne. Rayne was smarter and more athletic than (Y/n) was, which meant stronger too. Her father was the first to decide that Rayne was the child he wanted, trying to beat it and carve it into (Y/n). At first her mother was appalled, but later on came to the realization that Rayne was the daughter she wanted as well.

      Crying on the ground, (Y/n) wondered why she never felt any malice towards Rayne. Maybe it was because she hated (Y/n)'s parents too, who knows. She felt her father get off of her, throwing things on the ground, breaking things, you name it. Looking up, (Y/n) saw the Executioner sword laying in the corner.

      Something snapped inside (Y/n) and she shakily stood, hissing at the sting. Her father turned at the sound, anger bubbling in him at the sight of (Y/n) still being able to stand. "Oh no you don't."

      As if her prayers were answered, energy burst in (Y/n), allowing her to move faster and grab the hilt of the sword, spinning around and slashing her father across the face with it. He cried out, stumbling back. (Y/n)'s eyes widened, her (color) eyes flicked between her father and the sword. Gripping the sword tighter, (Y/n) made her way to her father.

      He panicked and dashed out the bedroom door and down the stairs. (Y/n) followed. He tripped on the last step, falling on his hands and knees, he turned and looked in fear at (Y/n). She felt no remorse, she must've looked at him and her mother the same way hundreds of times, and they never showed regret or sadness. Why should she?

~*~*~*

      (Y/n) woke with a start. Running her hands over her face and back, trying to figure out where she was, she realized she must've passed out in the gym. Sighing out in relief, (Y/n) put a hand over her heart.