Chapter 32

Optimus: is babey
also Optimus: literally about to murder

We are on episode 23, the last two minutes will just be tacked on to the beginning of episode 24, it doesn't matter all that much lol

All I can say about this chapter is...that it's prime time >:)

Warnings: Violence, Ratchet with a needle, more violence, slight cursing

To the Edge updates every Friday and Sunday, unless I'm about to finish the book and am really excited.

Thank you so much lovelies, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      It didn't take long for Ratchet to get back to doing what he does best, being a busy body. Ratchet had taken the sample Arcee took of (Y/n)'s blood. Tinkering with it in the week he'd been up and running again, Optimus tried to quell Rayne's nerves. In their berthroom, Optimus and Rayne had a hushed conversation.

      "My darling, when you are able to become Cybertronian-sized, perhaps we can work towards telling the team of our status."

      "What's your point, Optimus?" Rayne dragged her hands down her face.

      "I mean that there are positives to this change. When is your carrier supposed to arrive here?"

      "Well she's getting settled in our new home, so maybe months from now...who knows." Rayne leaned against Optimus' arm.

      "I would love to meet the carrier that raised my beloved Rayne." Optimus gently swiped a digit under Rayne's chin, making her look up at him with a small smile.

      His blue optics reminded her of Jack, and his rather painful confession. To Optimus' dismay, Rayne's lips pulled back into a frown. Rayne hadn't told Optimus that Jack knew, that he'd seen the confession.

      "Darling? What's the matter?"

      Rayne sighed. "Optimus, I- I have to tell you something."

      Optimus stayed silent, yet urging her to go on.

      "Jack claims he saw us. On the rooftop."

      "When I made my confession?"

      Rayne nodded. Optimus still seemed to be calm. The large mech hummed. "Did he do anything about it?"

      "Well, no. I just told him not to tell anyone." Rayne decided not to tell Optimus about Jack's confession.

      Optimus nodded and moved closer. "Well, while I am glad he seems to keep our status a secret, I would like to know how you're doing?"

      "A little nervous. If Ratchet gets this serum right, it's going to be permanently etched into my brain that I'm not...human." Rayne looked at her hands. "Am I not a monster?"

      "Monster? No." Optimus moved his faceplate close to her. "You are my darling Rayne, my lovely bondmate."

      Rayne looked in Optimus' optics, sighing slightly, lips twitching in a smile. "Thank you, Optimus. You're my dearest Prime."

      Optimus hummed and allowed Rayne to place her forehead on his forehelm. Both of them loved simple acts of affection like this, just contact with no noise to just co-exist together. Rayne felt like she could forget all her worries in these moments with Optimus. However, they couldn't last forever.

      "Optimus! Is Rayne with you? I believe I may have the serum (Y/n) would take to make herself grow."

      Optimus touched his comm. "I'm on my way."