Chapter 24

This chapter is flashback-y, and it throws Megatron's backstory at you (or my headcanons of it at least idk) as well as a tad bit of Soundwave's.

Also!! THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR 1.9K READS!!!! YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME SKHFDSJK'DLSH' I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warnings: Mentions of abuse, murder, minor character death, violence, energon(blood)

To the Edge updates every Friday and Sunday.

Thank you so much lovelies, stay safe, and enjoy the chapter :)

~*~*~*

      "It all started when I was about maybe...well, in human years I was about maybe nineteen or twenty when my gladiator career began. Of course I was a nobody before my career, having to work in the mines to support my family. We were not the best off, you see." Megatron explained.

      "I grew up on the bad side of Cybertron. The only way someone would recognize you, was by your strength."

~*~*~*

      Megatronus trudged along a path from his home to the mines he worked at. His three older brothers; Fang, Sharpclaw, and Adonis, were ahead of him. In the mines, they didn't have their given names - they were assigned a number. Megatronus was D-16, but he didn't know his brothers' since they worked far away from him. Megatronus tried not to think about his sire as they walked further and further away from their home. He didn't like leaving their carrier alone with their sire.

      Their carrier, Night, was soft spoken and clearly picked favorites amongst her sons. Megatronus being her favorite. Their sire, Clearstrike, however was the complete opposite. He was loud, obnoxious, and always made his strength known to his sparkmate and his sons.

~*~*~*

      "Wait...your father...abused you?" (Y/n) looked up in concern.

      Megatron nodded. "He didn't see a problem with abusing all of us. We never saw his sire or carrier, and he never let us see our carrier's parental units either. I always assumed it was for a selfish reason."

      (Y/n) nodded. "When did someone recognize your strength?"

      Megatron hummed, then got that faraway look in his optics again.

~*~*~*

      It wasn't too long after Megatronus's birthday that he found himself standing over his sire. He'd gone too far with his carrier. His carrier laid on the other side of the door, his brothers surrounding her, concern across their faces. Megatronus had managed to knock his sire on the ground. Growling with the ferocity of a gladiator, Megatronus raised his fist and began to pummel his sire just as he did to him, his brothers, and his carrier many times before.

      He didn't hear his sire beg and plead to be let go, that he was sorry, that he'd stop, and begging and pleading for Megatronus to stop. Megatronus didn't stop punching his sire until he could no longer recognize him.

      Not wanting to face ridicule from his family, he turned and left hastily. Energon covered his frame - and he wanted more. He felt sick to his tank, why did he want more? His pede's went on autopilot and began to carry him somewhere. He didn't know where, the only place he remembered like the back of his servo was the path to the mines, but, Megatronus' pedes were taking him to a different route.