6: {HOME MIXING}

3rd Sunday
TRENTEN QUINTO WORKS - 15

I heard my name being mentioned in what looked like a very serious conversation happening with my mom, my sister Karinna, and cousin Everly.

So I started to ease drop.

"I mean, you can say Trenten has a gun, but is he ever going to use it?" Everly mugged my sister and momma.

"What would be a reason for a gun if you aren't going to use it?" My mom rolled her eyes, and I gulped.

"Personally, me knowing my cousin, Trenten wouldn't kill a person. I think he just walk around with it because he's known for being a generally playful, giddy person. He just carry around that thing for protection, and so people don't mistake him as soft." Everly hit the nail on the coffin but the real issue was that my momma knew I had a gun.

As she was getting up from the couch I ran, into my room I rushed. I climbed on top of my dresser and jumped out the window.

I landed on my side, quietly groaning while getting up. I went to the back and got my bike, then skirted away.

Who even told my momma I gotta gun?

Knowing my momma, she'd take the gun and kill me with it.

My house wasn't at all far from my grandma house, only a block away. But my momma would know to found be there because that's my go to place.

So I went to Jaice house and on the porch was a young girl holding a baby. She was pretty, looked around my age, the baby was cuddle up in a pink puffer coat.

I threw my bike down and walked up the steps, onto the balcony, "Jai here?" I asked and she nodded.

I knocked on the door and someone yelled come in, "watch my bike." I told the girl before going into the house.

I went in and seen Jai mom sitting on the kitchen counter as his dad cooked, I smiled at the scene. As she waved at me and I waved back, "Jai here?" I asked and she pointed up.

"Room." She answered and I ran up the steps. I walked into his room and seen he was on his phone.

"Bruh," I said sitting on his bed and he quickly looked up.

"My ma' found out I got a gun."

"Damn what she say?"

"I don't know, I snuck away." I said and he just shook his head.

"Who that fine girl on yaur porch?" My voice kinda cracked and he laughed at me.

"That's my cousin, but don't try it, she with her baby daddy at the moment." He answered my question and it's almost like I heard the opposite of what he said.

I nodded and stood, "I gotta go buy my momma some shoes." I spoke, looking at him.

He stood up and walked out his room, I followed him down the steps and as he walked to his parents I walked out the house.

I sat on the chair that was horizontally across from the girl.

"Whats ya name?" I asked her, and she looked up from her baby.

"Nicey."

"I'm Trenten but you can call me Tree." I came up with a nickname for myself on spot, tryna spit game.

Before shit could get much farther I seen a car with no back window rolling down the street.

"Shit," I cursed quickly jumping out the chair and ducking down low.

Nicey followed my lead, squatting down with the baby in her hand.

The car drove past the house, and I waited about thirty seconds before I stood again, and so did the girl.

"Please don't let throwing that rock hunt me down." I said to myself.