43: {MY HAPPY DREAMS}

31st saturday
BROOKLYN JASIAH ALI - 16

I had Chicago in my hand as we walked into Sylas house. Zoey and Isabella ran up to me and started to gush over him.

"Y'all back up." Eliana clapped while walking towards me. Sylas mugged her for making them move so she could gush.

"Girl have him." I handed him over happily. "Oh my God, he is so adorable, I want a baby." Zoey and Isabella followed her to the couch where she sat.

"Got Chicago, Brooklyn, Trinidad I'm guessing." Sylas starched in his head, "we gone name our kid after a place?" I asked and he shook his head, "shit that's him." He pointed to Chi.

"You not finna be taking care of him. I'm getting him situated and yeah." I sighed. My grandma was pissed finding out my momma left another kid at her door.

She said the only way he staying is if I handle it, so I'm trying, "I'll help, human decency is the only good quality a fine nigga like me need." We were headed for his room now.

I rolled my eyes, while walking in. "nah, but the fact that we was close to fucking- which we not gone ignore- and he showed up at the door. Our little boy, my little nigga." He mentioned.

I looked around his room and saw on the gifts he got on his birthday, still in the bag. "Now you know you could've put this up."

"And could've, but I never got around to it." He came up behind me and hugged around my waist, "anybody gift better than mines?" I asked and he shook his head, "naw, nothing can top this." He rubbed the necklace around my neck in his hands.

"Ion ever take this off." He kissed on me, "you bet not." I muttered and he laughed. I could smell the cologne I brought him and it just made me wanna cuddle up with him forever.

"I got him some." He grabbed a white box off his dresser. I grabbed it out his hand and opened it. It was a good chain with Chicago name as the charm.

"He gone like this." I smiled then gave Sylas a thank you kiss. I could feel his eyes on me as I examined the necklace making me self conscious like.

"Stop." I playfully slapped his stomach and he grabbed my hand, "you look good girl." He turned me and smacked my ass. We've gotten so much more comfortable with each other, it's crazy.

"Please, I've been looking bummy all week." I sat down the necklace on his dresser then sat on his bed. Every since Chicago came around I've had less time for myself.

Taking care of him is a lot of work, I'm on a baby schedule, if he woke I'm woke. I'm not use to that, everyone helps out at home. My grandma in the process of getting custody.

"You look so sexy doing mommy duties." He could tell I was down so he started to kiss me, "we could go somewhere, my mom could watch him. Or we could stay here and watch a movie."

"Let's go on a walk." I had an urge. "Let's fuck on the sidewalk?" He bent to my level as I stood. I pushed him out the way and walked out. He followed behind me laughing.

"Where y'all headed?" Eliana asked us when we was leaving out the door, "going onna walk."

We went down the street in a comfortable silence. Fresh air was something I've needed lately. We neared the basketball hoop where boys surrounded playing dice.

A few turned out the circle and sized us. "Syyy, what up?" One of them came and dapped him up. Sylas shook his head.

"Where yo cheating as brothers at?" He asked and Sylas shrugged, the boy eyed me then smiled, "y'all niggas just alike." He laughed before walking back to the dice ring.

"What he mean by that?" I asked as we started to walk again, "he probably think are situation is like Robert, they think he got hoes even while with Tete." He explained.

"Not that I care or anything but you got an ex?" I was almost embarrassed to ask but I had to know, it's like even before he could answer I had a hint of jealousy in me.

"Nah, I was for real when I said you was my first everything. I had a crush before, I was like ten and she wore these cute little clothes to school and was called a slut all the time." He chuckled, and I thought that was the cutest thing ever.

"I had a crush before. We was in the fifth grade, he hugged me from the back and dry humped me every time I bent." I did a little dance thinking about it, "he always wore nice shoes and clothes, he smelled real good." I continued.

"What was his name?" Sylas came to a immediate pause, "Sacrifice." I answered and Sy' head kinda fell back in a defeated motion.

"What? What?" I grew worried, he looked over me and licked over his teeth, "that's my brother, he move to Jamaica after getting expelled from school." I smacked my lips.

"Nigga you play too much." I pushed him, "nah, I'm being dead, let's go back to the house, I wanna show you some." we turned back.

We walked into the already open door and we was finna go to his room but when he stopped I did also.

"Long time no see twin." A boy voice that had a hint of Jamaican in it said. No way...

"Who this fine ass you got on yo trail?" He came into my view as I walked from behind Sylas. I seen the familiar face of Sacrifice.

"Brook?" His eyebrows furrowed, "Sabic?" My eyebrows furrowed also. He walked to me and circled me, "not my bae." He mugged and I mugged right back.

"When you get back?" Sy' asked him, "earlier today, I went to dads and knew I had to come here." He dapped him up.

"So you a new character?" I had to ask because I knew this couldn't be just a passing coincidence. He nodded while bitting his lip.

"That car? Yo momma told me it was yourns, bro you already know." He threw his arm around Sy' shoulder.

-

After a lot of talking with him, and them driving around with me in the back seat we were back home. For some reason Sylas didn't seem all that happy.

"Everything okay?" I grabbed his chin and pulled his face towards me. He nodded, "yeah everything just fine. If I seemed off it's because I'm worried, he don't do well in new places with new people, his personality loud, he expressing. I want him to have a good experience and stay." He explained.

"That make sense. Don't worry, he'll be alright, he just a little hard headed." I chuckled, he clutched my waist and laid his head on my stomach.

He was sitting on the edge of the bed and I was standing with Chicago in my hand, "I'm finna hoop in the shower." He sighed.

While he was in there I sat on the counter, just waiting. I feed Chi a bottle and burped him, I even changed his diapers.

"You take long showers." I spoke, "I'm waiting for you to get in." He couldn't stop himself from laughing after. I rolled my eyes, but thought about it.

I handed Chi to Jennifer who wanted to see him for a little bit. I went back into the bathroom and sat back down on the counter.

"Can I get in?" I wanted to make sure he was being serious, "yea come on." He said. I happily hoped on in after getting naked. Even though it was our first time naked in front of each other it felt like a completely normal event.

I washed his back and he washed mine. We did some kissing ns teasing. When we got out I put on some of his clothes and we chilled on his bed up together with Chi in between us. We watched movies and kicked it until dozing off to sleep.

Almost thought this day was a dream. I woke up in Sy' arms and Chi next to us taking half the bed space with his little body.