37: {ARMED}

25th saturday
TEZTERITY BERNIE LITTLE - 13

"Stop with all that fucking yelling, before I beat the shit outta you!" My momma bucked at my younger brother Naj, who was screaming at the computer that displayed a Roblox game.

"How you gone yell at him for..." I knew to stop, from the look I was receiving by her.

I turned to D' who was next to me by the steps and chuckled, knowing I couldn't be the only one who thought that shit made absolutely no sense.

"Come mere lemme show you some." I waved for him as I walked down the steps. I went into the laundry room and pulled the basket form the top shelf.

I took out the books on top and smiled down at the gun. I took it out and waved it around. His face went straight before he looked back.

"Saw my pops come in here yesterday and hide this." I admired it, and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"You trigger happy or some? Why you grinning like that?" He questioned and I heard foot steps coming down. I quickly put the gun in my waist band, and covered it with my shirt, as Delas put the books in the basket.

I put the basket back on the top shelf, then we walked out as my mom passed, going into her room.

"Momma we finna go outside!" I yelled to her as we ran up the stairs. When she said okay we left out.

"We could shoot some east side birds with this." I clutched on it, and D shook his head.

"My fatha in a gang, and the other day, I over heard my momma say, he might get some time for getting caught up with guns." My dad a big gun dude, and it's speculation that he supply guns for the gang he's in.

"I'm tripping?" He wasn't pointing his eyes told me what he was referring to. I backed up and used my side view vision to see the niggas looking dead at us from a car parked across the street.

They was 'bout grown as hell too. I started to think about who they could possibly be. Before I came to an answer D grabbed my shirt and pulled me along with him.

I knew what he was doing when the car started to follow us for about six feet before we stopped again.

Delas turned the way of the car and I followed his lead. "Clutch it." He lowly ordered. I did just that and the car backed away two feet.

I looked over at Delas, and his eyes stayed on the car. He started to walk the opposite way we started, I followed closely behind him.

"It ain't the feds, but yo dad in a gang, atta?" He turned asked me and I mumbled back.

Three minutes from my house we sat down at the River's porch. An old couple with a college daughter, that I try to holla at sometimes.

Jenny walked out the house, and I nodded at her. She waved me off and walked down the steps, to her car. D looked at me, "she fine." He mouthed, "and," he did the big booty hands movement.

I nodded, agreeing. A minute passed by and Mrs. River brought me out a chocolate milk and Delas out a lemonade.

"Thanks ma'am." Delas nodded before taking a sip. "Thank you Mrs. River." She walked back in the house.

"Get down, get down." Before I could follow Delas instructions something pierced through my cup and hit my chest. It was a yellow plastic bb gun pellet.

The chocolate milk started to spill out as I grew mad. I threw it down and got up. I ran down the steps and pulled the gun from my waist.

I started to blow at the car, sending multiple bullet holes in the car's doors. Delas ran down the steps as the car speeded off. I heard the Rivers door open, but no one else came out their houses.

"Let's go." He sighed. When we got back to my house, we went straight to my room, "you should probably call yo pops." He stood by my door.

I didn't even think of that. I pulled my phone out my pocket and pulled up his number, "wassem withya young blood?" He answered.

"Somebody was ju..." I suddenly took the phone from my ear and hung up. I looked over at D and shook my head, "oh yeah...."

"He won't over look you taking it?" He asked and I sighed. I didn't know, but I was too scared to chance it.

I quickly went to put the gun back. Me and Delas got on the game, not speaking on it for the rest of the day.

25th sunday
DELAS HAZIAH CLARKSIN - 13

I woke up before Tez so I decided to do what he does when he's at my house. I got out of bed and headed out his room.

After brushing my teeth and splashing water on my face I chuckled at myself in the mirror, "always eating my food, finna eat the last bit of his cereal."

I started for the kitchen but came to an immediate stop when I seen a shadowed figure sitting on they couch. The only light on the mmm being the little spikes of bright holes in the curtains.

"Tez? Naj?" The figure turned. It was a man, I thought before speaking. Guessing it was their fatha I answered, "naw, Tez friend."

"Oh, nice to meet you. Thought he was too unlikeable to make friends." He chuckled. I stood there for a few seconds before going into the kitchen.

I grabbed the cereal from on top the fridge. I poured the Frosted Flakes in a plastic bowel.

My heart stopped, and my body completely froze. He took the clip out and pushed it back in, he did it twice before sighing.

"Seven bullets missing. Seven that little boy favorite number." He was tryna get me to tell him everything that happened yesterday. But I had no desire to do that.

My lips tightened together naturally. I poured the cereal then threw the empty box away. I got the milk out the fridge, poured it and put it back. I got a plastic spoon and went back to Tez room.

I closed the door and ate my cereal sitting in his gaming chair.

-

Tez started to wake, I let him fully do that. After he brushed his teeth and sprayed some moisturizer in his hair I spoke up, "yo pops was here, he had the gun."

He froze up, "he say something to you?" I nodded, "he asked who I was."

"What was he like...doing with the gun?" He seemed nervous, "taking the clip in and out." He knew exactly what that meant, "fuck."

He started to pace back and forth trying to think of something to do. "You can come to my house for a few days." I suggested and he looked over at me.

"My day1 a1." He mumbled under his breath. Him calling me his day1 showed I was his first friend, but I smiled nevertheless.