Chapter 16

Jaedens pov

          Y/n smiled at me and gave her mom a look, any teenager could recognize that look, it pretty much meant "privacy please". 

"I can make you guys some macaroni for lunch?", her mother lavishly offered. Y/n laughed under her breath.

"Ok mom." She smiled at her mother again giving her "the look", and off her mother went. 

"Your house is beautiful", I murmured as I glanced around at the royal blue colored walls and the dark wood accents.

She laughed, "Yes well, not as beautiful as yours." She smiled at me as if nothing had happened. "Follow me." I followed Y/n up the stairs and she opened a tall white door that stood on the second floor. She slowly walked in giving me time to admire it, "this is my room." The walls were a very light yellow, so light it looked white. Her walls were filled with posters and artifacts of people she loved, people that made her happy. Her room felt more like summer, then well, summer itself. Above her bed was a big tapestry, and on it was her favorite, Harry Styles. "What do you think?", she smiled admiring the beautiful man, and once again glancing at me. 

"I like it. Its really cool", I smiled telling no word of a lie. It was bright, and happy like a perfect summer beach day. That feeling when the sun warms your skin just enough to make you want to cool off, and all you have to do is jump in the refreshing crystal blue lake. The seagulls singing sweet songs in the sky and the feeling of comfort as you bury your toes in the hot sand. I knew it all too well and when I was a kid my parents use to take me to the beach all time. These days I went with my friends, as my parents weren't around as often, and when they were, they didn't care to spend quality time with me.

"Thanks." She sat down on her bed and slid to the side so there was enough room for me to fit beside her. It was clear she as inviting me to sit down, so I did. 

"So what happened?", I asked rubbing my hand against my forehead. I didn't really feel like having this conversation but the slightly awkward tension that could be cut with a knife was enough to let me know it was sort of necessary. 

"What do you mean?", she raised her eyebrows in confusion. But there was no chance she really didn't know what I meant. It was obvious that was the reason she invited me over. 

"When you left my house the other day. What did you do?" She bit her lip nervously. 

"I don't really remember much from then, honestly", she stammered.  Of course I didn't believe that though. 

"Y/n, please"

                                                                                 Your pov 

          His eyes looked utterly concerned, almost like a lost puppy.  "No I seriously don't remember much", I broke eye contact and instead my eyes met my hands that were restlessly fiddling. Jae looked so confused. 

"But how y/n?", Jaeden's gentle touch lifted my chin up slightly, sweetly forcing me to look him in the eyes. He knew it was just about out of the question whether I was able to lie when looking him in the eyes or not. I just couldn't. 

"He sorta, almost, kind of well", Jaeden was getting impatient. "He kind of knocked me out, but it was partly accidental in a way", I had trouble getting that out of my mouth, I wanted to tell him everything but I didn't want him to get hurt trying to defend me. I guess that would only be fair though, I did that to him and at the least I owed him an explanation. His finger tips retraced on the sharp edge of my jawline and up my cheek. I could feel my face grow hot from his touch. He knew what he was doing and I could tell by the tantalizing and mischievous grin that grew upon his face. 

"I didn't want to see get hurt y/n", Jaeden's smile faded and he rubbed his fingers over my cut forehead. A tear ran down my cheek and he as he wiped it away I could see his eyes flood with tears making them even brighter, like an ocean, appears beautiful but is deep and full of life both good and bad. 

"I know", I gulped. "But I'm okay", I forced a faint smile but it disappeared too quickly. He sighed. 

"You could have not been though". I interrupted Jaeden before he could go on,

"Yes I know Jaeden but I didn't. Cant we just let it go? Its over now", I pulled my head away and his hand slowly fell. His green eyes full of emotion stared into my soul. "Fine, yeah, but if he tries to do anything at school let me handle it. Your the strongest girl I know, and I'm aware your able to defend yourself but this is my battle y/n, not yours", he softly placed his hand on my knee reassuring me of any doubts, and it worked. My mother abruptly swung my door open and the smell of warm macaroni entered my room.

"Lunch is ready", she said slowly as she looked at Jaeden pull his hand away. 

"Thanks", Jaeden smiled at my mother and then back at me. I glanced back at my mother, she raised her eyebrows and smiled at me as she closed the door. 

"Lets go eat." 

"Sounds like a plan", he laughed.