~Chapter 8~

My eyes opened wide and I could feel the sweat all over my body. My clothes stuck to me tight. It was dark in the room and I could hear Barron's deep breaths so close to my head, it almost sounded like my own. I sighed and pulled the covers off me gently, letting the cool air touch me. As my eyes adjusted to the dark I could see Barron's hand gently placed around my stomach. He had pulled me close through the night. I twisted my head back uncomfortably so I could see Barron. I pulled out my phone from under me. My body had heated up the phone throughout the long hot night. My tired eyes took a moment to adjust to my phone screen and when it finally did the time read 2:30am. I set my phone down beside Barron.

    The mirror infront of me only revealed how crazy I looked, my clothes were damp of sweat, my hair was frizzy, I simply looked like a mess. I took off my clothes and got in Barron's shower. I didn't ask, but I was sure he wouldn't mind. The hot water streamed down my back warming my body inside and out. Luxurious soaps and hair products lined the edge of the shower. I used his shampoo, conditioner and body wash on me, making me smell like him. The strong scent filled the steamy air.

   The bitter cold air froze my body as I stepped out of the steamy shower. I wrapped myself in a warm fuzzy towel. "Oh no, I don't have any clothes" I whispered to myself in worry. I snuck across Barron's floor to his dresser and found a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. The sweatpants were too long for me but other than that they fit surprisingly well.

  It was dark and I had not a single beam of light to show me where I was going, but I eventually felt my way to the bottom of the tree and then sprinted back to Jaedens house. I would have went to mine, but I didn't bring a key with me and my parents would be in a deep sleep at this time of morning, I guess I figured I had put my poor mother through enough simply by leaving her alone with my father.

"Y/n?" Jaeden whispered opening his front door only to see my stood there, in oversized clothes and damp hair.

"Yeah, it's me. My dad's drunk again", I sighed playing with my feet below me.

"Oh I'm sorry y/n, but I thought you were staying with a friend?"

"Yeah I was, but I had to leave"

"At 3:00am?", Jaeden asked confused.

"Can I stay with you till school starts?". He left me unanswered and  walked back leaving me standing at the door, he turned on a light and waved me over.

"Be careful Jaeden, don't wake your parents up. I don't want then to be mad at you", I whispered as I reached over to turn the light off. Jaedens hand touched mine and cluched it tight so it was unable to turn off the switch. 
He got closer to me.

"My parents left on a business trip". Jaeden looked sad. This was the 4th time I was aware of this year that his parents left him for business. He was almost neglected, but I guess he got to enjoy the big empty house although, tonight it would not be empty. His body closed in on me leaving almost no space between us. I looked up at him concerned, and quite confused. His eyes looked bigger than usual. His warm hand grabbed the side of my head pulling himself in closer. Jaedens lips touched mine and I didn't even stop him. I let it happen. Even after spending a lovely night with Barron. The kiss lasted a good 10 seconds before I pulled away and pushed him off me. "Woah" he said looking at me. His breath, it was warm and stunk of alcohol, it all made sense now. I was curious.

"Jaeden, how much did you drink?!" I yelled at him demanding an answer.

"I- I don't know like 3 shots" he said concerned, "Its just to help with pain".

I pushed him up the stairs and into his room.

"You gonna wear that to sleep?" I asked, looking at his outfit, he was wearing black jeans and a simple grey t- shirt.

"Y/n, your not supposed to be taking care of me, I'm supposed to be the host here"

I looked at him, "yeah well not my fault you got drunk" I snapped back.

I felt terrible being "mean" since after all, he had his reasons. He was neglected. Treated unfairly. He wasn't an only child he had a sister named Sarah, age 7 but she always got to go with their parents while he was left. While his family was tanning on the hot sand in the Bahamas, drinking the most fresh juice to cool them off, he was back at home stressed from school and everything else that comes with it. Jaeden wasn't an alcoholic and I rarely ever saw him drink, but when I did I despised it, for it reminded me of my father.

  "I know your only trying to be a good friend Jaeden, but dont worry about me I know where everything is, get rest"

Before going to the room I claimed I had a plan. I ruffled through Jaedens cabinets trying my hardest to keep the sound of bottles hitting eachother minimal. I knew Jaeden would be passed out but I still didnt wanna risk him coming down. I grabbed the only two bottles of alcohol that were left. I carried both the rather heavy bottles to his back yard. Maybe this wasn't the best thing to do when staying at someone's house but I was only doing it for Jaedens good! I smashed both bottles on the ground. The glass shattered, exploding. The disgusting and harmful liquid within escaped and streamed down his lawn forming a pond of alcohol.

   "Hey y/n, where's Jaeden?" Wyatt asked me as I walking into the school gates, from the way only jaeden ever walked. The pleasant sunshine radiated golden warmth. I stood there silently as my other friends appeared to be walking over aswell.

"You do know, right? I mean you left his house"

"Yeah he wanted to sleep in. He won't be here today", I mumbled. "Hey!" I greeted my friends, Sophia, Finn and Jack.

"So why were you with Jaeden last night?", Sophia asked smirking at me. I looked away from her and gave Wyatt an angry look. Of course he told everyone. I looked back at Sophia and smiled

"I needed a place to stay for the night because my dad, and Jaeden us my friend so"

"Oh, makes sense", Sophia sighed. "You know he likes you, do you like him too? Did anything happen last night?" I shut down her assumptions

"I- I don't know how I feel, I mean-"

Jack cut me off and pointed to the gate. There stood a tall familiar guy that stood outside the gate. He was calling my name and waving around a phone in the air. Oh my gosh- its Barron. Just when I thought things were going well, he shows up at my school!!?? My face turned red and I ran over to Barron...