~Chapter 10~

×Your pov×

     "Oh, Jaeden", he snapped, rolling his icy blue eyes sending chills down me. "What's so special about him anyway huh?", Barron scuffed. Why was he doing this? Was he perhaps... Jealous?

"Barron what do you mean? Jaedens my best friend. He has been for 3 years." Barron was quite clearly aggravated, but I didn't completely understand why. "Look, I already have plans Barron, a promise is a promise I can't cancel now." Barron stayed silent. We crossed the street, and were finally on Jaedens street, lined with big white homes.

"Well bye Barron, I'll see you soon", I smiled.

"He lives on a curb?", Barron raised one eyebrow at me.

I looked behind me up the street, "no he lives up this street"

Barron tilted his head to the side and examined the street, "hm well then why are we not moving? Why can't I walk you to his house?", Barron crossed his arms. I sighed, I knew there was no point in fighting back.

"Fine come on." Barron and I didn't say much. I hadn't known Barron as long as I had known alot of other  people, yet I could read his energy, we usually didn't have to talk to connect but I could tell this silence was different. Barron was sad, something was on his mind and as much as I wanted to help him, I had made plans, and I knew Jaeden needed me just as much. We stopped infront of a big white stoned home that was identical too all the other houses on the street.

"Well this is it", I looked back at Barron. "I'll talk to you soon, okay?"

"Yeah we should meet up soon" Barron scratched the back of his neck and peered at the house, "bye y/n"

"Bye!" I yelled as I ran up to the door and gently clicked the doorbell, I could hear the faint ring echo inside the house and in no time Jaeden rushed to the door greeting me with a big hug. When the warm hug had come to an end Jaedens arms hovered back to his side and I couldn't help but catch a glimpse of what looked like a rather large slit on his arm. I violently grabbed his arm turning the slashed scar up.

"Jaeden what is that?", I said revealing my hurt and angry in my tone. He pulled his arm away, breaking my grasp.

"It's not what you think it is y/n, I promise", Jaeden said. He sounded upset and his green eyes refused to meet mine.

"Then Im gonna need context." He remained silent. "Did you do this? Why? Why won't you tell me Jaeden!? I don't understand you don't want me to assume anything but you refuse to provide me with answers? That's not fair!" I yelled at him. I could see the scared in his eyes, and I tried to hold my composure but tears filled my eyes making my eyesight blurry. Sophia came running up from behind Jaeden.

"Y/n, you need to calm down!"Sophia said rubbing Jaedens shoulder. I shook my head.

"No I need answers, who did this to him?" Jaeden has always meant alot to me. He had ALWAYS been there for me when nobody else was. When my dad kicked me out and I had no where to go, Jaeden let me stay at his house and he made me laugh so much, I nearly forgot about every other problem I had ever had. Jaeden would do absaloutly anything for me, and I have no doubt in my mind about that. I want him to know I would do the same.

"Please Jaeden", I looked at Jaeden sympathetically.

"Fine, Jacob Barber pulled a knife on me"

"What!?" I yelled in complete shock and utter disbelief, glancing quickly at Sophie who still stood beside Jaeden. She was looking at the ground. "Why? Why would Jacob do that?" The lump in my throat raised as I waited for an answer. In that moment I watched Jaeden break. Tears slipped out of his eyes and danced down his face and he was no longer able to pretend to be brave. Jaeden always tried to act tough in front of me. I knew he had a hard life, filled with even harder promblems, but he had never cried infront of me. He always put me and my promblems before himself. He acted tough so I had less to worry about. He cared so much about me he forgot to care about himself. I felt guilty for never noticing before. I jumped into Jaedens arms and my warm tears left visible wet spots on his shirt.

"Truth is he did it becuase he has a thing for you, I guess he didn't like how we showed up to class together, And to top things off he saw me hug you. Which clearly set something off in him." Jaedens sad and cracked voice whispered, it sounded as if he could barely bring himself to say it out loud. I instantly pulled away from the embrace in shock.
I looked down in guilt. This was all my fault.

"Wait", I slowly turned my head towards Sophia who had still been staring at the floor, realization hit me, "did you and the others know about this?" I pointed at Sophia's face, angrily demanding an answer which I had hoped would have been a no.

"Well- I mean... We", Sophia stuttered mixing up her words and making it nearly impossible for her to spit out a whole sentence, even if it wasn't truthful. I lowered my finger down away from her face.

"Why wouldn't you tell me!? DO YOU NOT TRUST ME ENOUGH? This is all my fault, so I think I'd have the right to know!" I was completely in the moment. I was angry and sad. Every bit of hurt that was built up in me forcefully found its way up. I had been so overwhelmed by everything, my dads destructive drinking problems, the weight of lying to everybody I loved about Barron who at the moment honestly seemed more trouble than worth, School and all the pressure, stress and anxiety that came with it, my friends who were quite understandably upset with my lying and sneaking around, and of course my complex and confusing feelings about both Jaeden and Barron. I guess I also have Jacob and his awfully disturbing actions too deal with now too, because I know for a fact he's not getting away with hurting Jae.

"Oh my- y/n why do you think we didn't tell you, because we knew you would blame this on yourself! Plus we didn't have much time, you've been... busy", She yelled back, distinctly referring to Barron, who to be completely honest, was the least of my worries right now. I shook my head and grabbed my backpack from off the ground. I powerfully swung the backpack around my arm causing it to make a loud thump against my back, "also I can't believe you guys knew but didn't fight back." They looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Are you crazy? You know how he is, and he's clearly worse than we thought. He sliced Jaeden with a knife, don't take chances y/n, please" Sophia said clutching my arm attempting to prevent me from being able to leave.

"Y/n please, I appreciate your concern but don't do anything", Jaeden mumbled, rubbing his forehead with the palm of his hand. "If anything happened to you, I don't even know what I'd do" Jaeden looked at me with sympathy. The pain in his eyes said exactly that. It was crystal clear how much Jae cared for me. I wiggled vigorously breaking Sophia's grasp around my arm. I swung open the door and shut it behind me, I slammed it with all my built up power and emotions, and it sounded as if it was ready to snap.